1997 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Fun Car

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Review

Fun Car
By Vince on

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at the beginning of 2008 and I had no problems in the snow. During the following year I drove it as my daily driver in blizzards and snow storms and I didn't get in any accidents. To those afraid of rear wheel drive, just be careful and keep the drifting to impress your friends and your sweetheart at a reasonable speed in the snow and you'll be fine. I drove a year and a half with very little maintenance. I had to replace the power window regulator, but other than that I don't recall any work I had to do other than maintenance until I reached about 140,000 and I found oil in the coolant reservoir(head gasket) so I upgraded to the more dependable, and older 5.0 V8

looks nice, fun to drive(and drift), easy to repair, pretty dependable

It seems like a lot of V6 mustangs from the 94 and on era had a problem with head gaskets at around 140,000 miles. Also tall people wont like the seating and leg room(short people have no problems), not fast at all compared to a pontiac grand prix, and the single inconvenient cup holder.