Great Car Seriously
By chenz380 on
1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe
I got brainwashed by people saying Toyota is reliable vehicles and American cars are junk. I found that to be not true so I went with my dream of getting ether a mustang or a camaro/firebird. This car cost me $2800 and it has 143K miles and runs great compared to my Toyota Celica with 70K miles having gone through 3 engines. Warms up great, runs great even in -20F weather, and contrary to people who can't drive rwd in the snow, it handles fine in the snow unless you like drifting which I LOVE to do! The people who had bad luck just found a lemon and didn't know any better. Like any car, a poorly maintained car won't last long. Get your used cars checked before getting tricked by salesmen.
Favorite Features
Reliability, look(sorta) simple/easy to modify interior, cool black interior, easy to work on engine bay, stock all wheel disk brakes (not standard on camaro/firebird base models), fun do drive
Suggested Improvements
stiffer handling would be nice, better seating design for people who are taller than 6'(literally a pain in the neck), short shifter(which was fixed on newer models), more hp PLEASE, and a supercharger option for the V6 (I do believe is a soon to be option as of 2009)