A Fast Fun Daily Driver!
By The Extreme on
1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe
Almost 7 years & over 142,000 miles later, I have no regrets. This car has never leaked oil - not even one single drop! It still runs strong and idles smoothly. In all those miles, the only major unexpected repair cost I've had was a $300 mass air meter. In short, take care of a Mustang and it will take care of you. Mine sure has - I was blown away by the Mustang's reliability. Even my wife, Ford-hater she is, will concede on this one. I wanted a GT (still do), but the fun factor is still here, and in a car that has four seats (no matter the rear two are small). I'm getting another car this summer... another Mustang!
Favorite Features
Execptionally economical for it's fun factor (When it was newer, I've had up to 35 mpg on the highway). Compared to other sporty cars (F- Bodies and others) the 'Stang is far more driver-friendly. It looks good, too. I like both this style and the '99-up.
Suggested Improvements
I wish my car had more power, but Ford adressed this in 1999. The build quality of the Mustang is not as good as some other vehicles... mainly imports, most of which feel far more refined. But a Mustang is more about fun than finesse!