1997 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
1997 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe
By mustang jeff on 07/29/07 22:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for about a year now and I absolutely love it. It is my first car but the driving is excelent. You can feel the road when you're driving and it still has creature comforts. It is a great starter car but I would recomend putting an aftermarket exhaust on it and/or a cold air intake just to boost the horsepower a little bit. Great car.

Most Fun in the Sun
By Karen on 02/20/07 11:27 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This car has been so wonderful to drive. I bought the car with 34k miles. It now has over 120k and still runs great. The only major expense has been to replace the top. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Awsome Car!
By Jon P. on 02/14/07 09:12 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been my nice weather car since I bought it back in 97. The performance is what you'd expect from a Mustang and fuel economy was actually good. I put a cold air intake, cat-back exhaust and Hypertech power programmer on the car and is much faster than stock. The reliability has been good except for some minor brake and radiator problems. Probably spent around $600 in repairs since owning it. I really like the styling on the interior and the front seats are pretty comfortable. the manual trans has been good and no problems, just replaced clutch once. Overall very satisfied with my purchase and hope the 06 Mustang I'm buying this spring will be just as good a car as this one.

great car
By EWILL on 06/13/06 02:18 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I have loved and owned Mustangs all my life. I have had a 97 and 96 GT convertible. Out of all the cars I have driven these were overall very good automobiles. Yes they are going to have a few problems. They seem to not have very good radiators because they tend to overheat some. Other than that Mustangs have overall been pretty good. Most that have problems with them is because the previous owner has mistreated the car; they are mostly well built cars

Worst Vehicle Ever...
By Jose on 06/01/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Worst vehicle ever. When we first bought the vehicle from the dealership the A/C did not work at all, only one car key was issued, and it had aftermarket tire rims that a tow truck did not even have the size of the lug nuts. The worst part was the fuel economy. $20.00 worth of gas will only give you approximately 40 miles of diving in the city. Most of all the customer service and repair service was no help at all. Once you drive off the lot your on your own. And there's no trunk space or interior space.

Great sports car
By SS on 03/11/06 21:15 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

This is a great car that gets great gas mileage and looks sporty and looks fast (though it really does lack HP). It is fun to drive. Not good for a "family" type car (only 2 doors) and definitely not good in snow (rear wheel drive). Might as well park it for the winter if you live in a snow state. It's real fun, dependable and affordable - but its not a "comfort" car at all - better stick to a luxury type car if you want all the bells and whistles and to be super comfy!

Our Jet Black Stang!
By Troy and Jenn on 02/13/06 20:27 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Finally, finally we have a Mustang -- the car we always wanted. Bought used in almost perfect condition in and out. Drives sweet, looks fast. Wish there was a little more power in the standard but that is what the GT model is for. New to a convertible but lovin' it. Stereo sounds awesome, came with stock tape radio but put 240 watt Pioneer cd deck in and no need to say more. Mustangs hold their value and are reliable and are just a fun ride.

Dry Weather Car
By Ian on 12/06/05 16:19 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

If you want to drive this car in the snow or rain; go slow! Traction is reduced due to the classic light Mustang rear end, and fish tail you will! Fun in dry weather, though. Low end torque is okay, don't try to pass anyone in 4th or 5th gear, the acceleration isn't there (very sluggish or non-existent, down shift -- or GET A GT!) Also, lightweight body means that you feel the gusty cross winds (at times, I felt like I was driving an Escort). Cornering is not very good, hydraulic assist steering gives feel of sports car, but still in the "not quite there" category. I've been stranded 4 times in this car: clutch, transmission, radiator, thermostat all failed catastrophically.

My first car
By Missin my baby on 07/31/05 23:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I got this car a few months before i got my license. It was a wonderful car. The gas mileage was ok but not wonderful. One of the problems with my car was the fuel gauge did not work so I had to estimate when the tank needed to be refilled. I was in an accident and this car was totaled. I am very glad I was in this car, and not some other sports car like a Corvette because I wasn't even hurt ... which in itself was amazing considering the accident. I will own another Mustang when I end up paying for my own car when I'm older.

I WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS FUN CAR!
By Sharon Anderson on 04/01/05 01:12 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Forty years ago, I wanted a Mustang convertible! But after the late 60's, I didn't like the body style. When it changed in 1995, I was determined once again to own one. This is probably the most "FUN" car I've ever owned, and its classic lines really get the looks. The interior could've used more thoughtful designing, and the gas mileage isn't the greatest, even with a six-cylinder automatic (not my first choice, but I bought it used). I love driving it and plan to do so for awhile yet....until I can afford the retro 2005!