1997 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
MY BABY MISSY
By mustangchelz on 02/05/12 14:24 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I absolutely LOVE my red '97 mustang! Its more reliable than any car i've had and it gets me everywhere. Im the second owner and had very MINIMAL problems, the biggest thing ive had to get done was the clutch. Ive gotten a new oil pan and fixed a water leak, but after 14 years can you believe thats the only work? I kept up this car from the minute i bought it. I was devastated when i got in an accident in december and totaled the car, but the safety was great and me and my little brother are alive. 210,000 miles the car still ran like a champ, wish i still had it. Thank you Ford!

1997 Ford Mustang V6
By txstanggrl on 11/06/11 14:41 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have always wanted a mustang as long as I could remember. Of course I live in a Ford only house which is great. After wanting a mustang for so long and searching forever to find one this one feel into my lap( it was ment to be). Although it needed a new head gasket and a new paint job and some minor things done to it I can't complain for the $800 I stanged this car at. I have enjoyed it to the max. Other than some repair I had to do to get it going when I first bought it , I have had no problems so far. It is not only a dream car but a great fun car. The engine runs smooth and has a great get up and go. I can say this much I will five this car until it just falls apart.

Reliable attractive commuter car
By Zowie on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Own V6 5spd for 6+ years and drive it daily. I am over 40 and have driven a wide variety of company vehicles. I've only owned GMs and Fords, with models years dating from 1970 to 2003. This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. The only thing that broke (excluding normal maintenance stuff) during the first 120k was the power seat switch. After 120K, I started having lots of problems with the rear. But engine, electronics, AC, interior are still good. In snow: HORRIBLE wheel spin. Gets stuck very easily and can't climb inclines most cars handle with ease. But steering and braking control is ok for this type of car.

Fun Car
By Vince on 07/15/09 22:37 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car at the beginning of 2008 and I had no problems in the snow. During the following year I drove it as my daily driver in blizzards and snow storms and I didn't get in any accidents. To those afraid of rear wheel drive, just be careful and keep the drifting to impress your friends and your sweetheart at a reasonable speed in the snow and you'll be fine. I drove a year and a half with very little maintenance. I had to replace the power window regulator, but other than that I don't recall any work I had to do other than maintenance until I reached about 140,000 and I found oil in the coolant reservoir(head gasket) so I upgraded to the more dependable, and older 5.0 V8

Great Car Seriously
By chenz380 on 02/26/09 20:55 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I got brainwashed by people saying Toyota is reliable vehicles and American cars are junk. I found that to be not true so I went with my dream of getting ether a mustang or a camaro/firebird. This car cost me $2800 and it has 143K miles and runs great compared to my Toyota Celica with 70K miles having gone through 3 engines. Warms up great, runs great even in -20F weather, and contrary to people who can't drive rwd in the snow, it handles fine in the snow unless you like drifting which I LOVE to do! The people who had bad luck just found a lemon and didn't know any better. Like any car, a poorly maintained car won't last long. Get your used cars checked before getting tricked by salesmen.

Great Car
By ffeeffee on 12/26/08 15:19 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

If you keep up with the maintenance this car is great. Perfect for the performance-minded looking for a new toy. Overall good car.

Ride it my pony!
By GIR on 12/12/08 08:06 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I love this car! Handles great, pretty good acceleration and beautiful exterior! Big trunk small opening though. Front seats very comfortable, rear seats lack leg room. I love to fire it up and listen to it growl, sounds awesome when you step on it and it screams. Lots of after market parts make this a fun father son project! Go American muscle!

Okay
By mtee on 09/19/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Very fun to drive and love the look of this body style. Be careful when you get in the higher mileage. After 120,000 just about everything that can go wrong on a car went wrong on this. In the last year: transmission, clutch, mass airflow sensor, a/c clutch, alternator and hoses. And after all this I still don't trust the car, but that's what I expect from a Ford.

1997 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe
By mustang jeff on 07/29/07 22:29 PM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for about a year now and I absolutely love it. It is my first car but the driving is excelent. You can feel the road when you're driving and it still has creature comforts. It is a great starter car but I would recomend putting an aftermarket exhaust on it and/or a cold air intake just to boost the horsepower a little bit. Great car.

Awsome Car!
By Jon P. on 02/14/07 09:12 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been my nice weather car since I bought it back in 97. The performance is what you'd expect from a Mustang and fuel economy was actually good. I put a cold air intake, cat-back exhaust and Hypertech power programmer on the car and is much faster than stock. The reliability has been good except for some minor brake and radiator problems. Probably spent around $600 in repairs since owning it. I really like the styling on the interior and the front seats are pretty comfortable. the manual trans has been good and no problems, just replaced clutch once. Overall very satisfied with my purchase and hope the 06 Mustang I'm buying this spring will be just as good a car as this one.