1997 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Well worth the money for a first car!
By pat126 on 03/24/11 00:41 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car several months back with about 87k on it, and I'm already pushing 99k. Other than an issue with the electrical system due to chewed up battery terminals (a $6 fix), it has been one hell of a ride. I checked out camaros and a charger or two while I was searching, but every mustang I sat in just felt more comfortable, and even better I could actually see out of it. After a few bolt-on modifications it can turn some heads. I'm hard-pressed to say that I'll probably have at least a mustang in my garage at all times from now on. You only get one chance at a first car, and this nasty pony did the job!

great car
By EWILL on 06/13/06 02:18 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have loved and owned Mustangs all my life. I have had a 97 and 96 GT convertible. Out of all the cars I have driven these were overall very good automobiles. Yes they are going to have a few problems. They seem to not have very good radiators because they tend to overheat some. Other than that Mustangs have overall been pretty good. Most that have problems with them is because the previous owner has mistreated the car; they are mostly well built cars

GT Mustang Conv.
By stillman on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This is a small car with a big car ride. Plenty of power. Fun to drive. Had a few things go bad; A/C, trans, starter & alternator. Ford replaced trans. Other costs less than a $1,000.

MY wife's mid life crisis 2
By jlevando on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

My wife wanted to get out of her van and into a sporty little car. we looked at miatas and camaros but the mustang beat them hands down. It's fast and fun to drive. She beat two teeny boppers the first week and they ended up with tickets.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!
By danielle on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Trust me...Do NOT buy this car. I purchased this car used with 89k. At 100k I had to replace the engine. Two months later, I began having major transmission problems. Buying this vehicle was the WORST financial mistake I have EVER made!!!!! I sent it away to an auction two days ago, so buyers BEWARE!!!!!