Used 1997 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

I totalled out my first one
By johnw489

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

i bought my first 97 and on the way home with it a fool ran a stop sign at about 50mph and t boned me. i woke up to smoke from the aiar bags but i was alive. i hurt my neck a bit from the air bag impact but i was fine. i went ahead and ordered me another one with 17 miles on it. i got the sports appearance package, the mach 460 sound system (SWEET) and an alarm system with a motion sensor. the company statement was if my baby was stolen and i still had the two fobs they would give me 5k!! i still have it and at 113k it still runs great. ive replace the suspension system but can still take those turns at 60mph easy.

sound system,alarm system

offer information on how to take care of the top. its 150$ just for the material on the top. mine needs it bad

Well worth the money for a first car!
By pat126

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car several months back with about 87k on it, and I'm already pushing 99k. Other than an issue with the electrical system due to chewed up battery terminals (a $6 fix), it has been one hell of a ride. I checked out camaros and a charger or two while I was searching, but every mustang I sat in just felt more comfortable, and even better I could actually see out of it. After a few bolt-on modifications it can turn some heads. I'm hard-pressed to say that I'll probably have at least a mustang in my garage at all times from now on. You only get one chance at a first car, and this nasty pony did the job!

By far the handling, but the interior seems to fit most drivers just right without the interior being too big. The sound is extremely distinct, as opposed to GM and Chrysler cars which seem to blend together every time I hear one on the road.

Not that anything can be done for it now, but for how this car rides, the engine numbers feel really underpowered compared to what they could be. Oh well, just bolt some mods on and let 'er rip!

Most Fun in the Sun
By Karen

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

This car has been so wonderful to drive. I bought the car with 34k miles. It now has over 120k and still runs great. The only major expense has been to replace the top. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Convertible top ease of operation.

Better cup holders for front and add some for the back seat. Need more leg room in the back seat too.

great car
By EWILL

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have loved and owned Mustangs all my life. I have had a 97 and 96 GT convertible. Out of all the cars I have driven these were overall very good automobiles. Yes they are going to have a few problems. They seem to not have very good radiators because they tend to overheat some. Other than that Mustangs have overall been pretty good. Most that have problems with them is because the previous owner has mistreated the car; they are mostly well built cars

Tight compact interior .

Wish they could make a nice fuel efficient v8 that has just as much power cause this baby eats gas!

Our Jet Black Stang!
By Troy and Jenn

1997 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Finally, finally we have a Mustang -- the car we always wanted. Bought used in almost perfect condition in and out. Drives sweet, looks fast. Wish there was a little more power in the standard but that is what the GT model is for. New to a convertible but lovin' it. Stereo sounds awesome, came with stock tape radio but put 240 watt Pioneer cd deck in and no need to say more. Mustangs hold their value and are reliable and are just a fun ride.

Model design, stereo, dash, electric convertible top, handling, bucket seats.

A little more horses (power), leg room in back seat and that is all.