1997 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car
By ffeeffee on 12/26/08 15:19 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

If you keep up with the maintenance this car is great. Perfect for the performance-minded looking for a new toy. Overall good car.

Ride it my pony!
By GIR on 12/12/08 08:06 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love this car! Handles great, pretty good acceleration and beautiful exterior! Big trunk small opening though. Front seats very comfortable, rear seats lack leg room. I love to fire it up and listen to it growl, sounds awesome when you step on it and it screams. Lots of after market parts make this a fun father son project! Go American muscle!

Awsome Car!
By Jon P. on 02/14/07 09:12 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has been my nice weather car since I bought it back in 97. The performance is what you'd expect from a Mustang and fuel economy was actually good. I put a cold air intake, cat-back exhaust and Hypertech power programmer on the car and is much faster than stock. The reliability has been good except for some minor brake and radiator problems. Probably spent around $600 in repairs since owning it. I really like the styling on the interior and the front seats are pretty comfortable. the manual trans has been good and no problems, just replaced clutch once. Overall very satisfied with my purchase and hope the 06 Mustang I'm buying this spring will be just as good a car as this one.

Big Car for the Money
By BlueSuedeJay on 11/13/04 23:34 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Mustang is a great car to work on. Upgrading performance is easy and very inexpensive. Eibach 2" lowering springs made it able to handle any turn at 60 miles per hour, for only $375 installed. The sound on these mustangs are unmistakeable, with a cheap 2 chamber flow master exhaust. Free up the ponies and let them ride. Its a sin to have a stock Mustang GT. Better all around compared to my 2002 Mercedes c230 kompressor. Wish I still had the Mustang.

Owner
By Trinidad Gutierrez on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Lot's of fun to drive! A great sports car feel for the customer on a budget. Poor leg and head room for back seat passengers.

I Love My Stang
By MustangQueen on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my stang and i cant complain..... DRIVE IT LIKE U STOLE IT...

My wife's mid life crisis car
By My supra is faster on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Well my wife wanted a sports car too (I have a supra turbo its faster hehe). We looked at a lot of different one's but agreed on the mustang. I was extremely surprised at the improvement on the the performance of the automatic. I've driven a few of the pre 93 automatic models and they were complete TURDS. Stomp on the gas and those 17" wheels will light up without hesitation. Haven't had it long enough to judge reliability but it has survived a couple donuts!!!

1997 ford mustang gt coupe
By no camaro's on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

after a few years into producing this body style, ford has knocked out alot of the kinks. it wouldn't be till much later did ford add the desperately needed independent rear suspension, as the rear wheels skip around over uneven corners. but 5 years later, the only problem i had was the plastic intake manifold that ford will replace for free. they do reinstall an aluminum intake mainfold, but after getting stuck on the george washington bridge, it is a painful lesson learned too late. no other problems though, but i think this body style is one for future generations to deem a classic.