1997 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I totalled out my first one
By johnw489 on 11/15/13 19:56 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

i bought my first 97 and on the way home with it a fool ran a stop sign at about 50mph and t boned me. i woke up to smoke from the aiar bags but i was alive. i hurt my neck a bit from the air bag impact but i was fine. i went ahead and ordered me another one with 17 miles on it. i got the sports appearance package, the mach 460 sound system (SWEET) and an alarm system with a motion sensor. the company statement was if my baby was stolen and i still had the two fobs they would give me 5k!! i still have it and at 113k it still runs great. ive replace the suspension system but can still take those turns at 60mph easy.

Most Fun in the Sun
By Karen on 02/20/07 11:27 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This car has been so wonderful to drive. I bought the car with 34k miles. It now has over 120k and still runs great. The only major expense has been to replace the top. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Our Jet Black Stang!
By Troy and Jenn on 02/13/06 20:27 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Finally, finally we have a Mustang -- the car we always wanted. Bought used in almost perfect condition in and out. Drives sweet, looks fast. Wish there was a little more power in the standard but that is what the GT model is for. New to a convertible but lovin' it. Stereo sounds awesome, came with stock tape radio but put 240 watt Pioneer cd deck in and no need to say more. Mustangs hold their value and are reliable and are just a fun ride.

I WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS FUN CAR!
By Sharon Anderson on 04/01/05 01:12 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Forty years ago, I wanted a Mustang convertible! But after the late 60's, I didn't like the body style. When it changed in 1995, I was determined once again to own one. This is probably the most "FUN" car I've ever owned, and its classic lines really get the looks. The interior could've used more thoughtful designing, and the gas mileage isn't the greatest, even with a six-cylinder automatic (not my first choice, but I bought it used). I love driving it and plan to do so for awhile yet....until I can afford the retro 2005!

Love my 'Stang!
By JB Hoss on 02/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

This car is a real head turner - and without any non-factory adjustments. Great styling, a comfortable ride, and reasonable fuel efficiency make this car a great package. The 6 cylinder is a little tame, but makes for an excellent cruiser to take on long trips - especially along the beach or other scenic areas. Once you go topless, its hard to go back!