Fun car, worth the money.
By Black96GT on
1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe
I love my '96 GT. I don't understand all the bad reviews, it's mostly people who don't even know how to maintain a car anyway. If you take care of it, it should be a good car. I keep up all regular maintenance mine is great. Only thing I really have to complain about is that piece of junk plastic intake crossover. I broke it 2 weeks after getting the car and it cost me $700 to replace the manifold. If you buy one of these things, try to get one that already has the aluminum replacement. Other than that, great car. Not that fast for a v8 but not slow either, and definitely not bad for its time. Handles MUCH better than expected also. I love my pony.
Favorite Features
V-8, 5 speed, comfortable interior and in my opinion very nice interior for its time. I love this body style.
Suggested Improvements
Ford should repay all Mustang owners for the money we've had to spend on that intake. Also needs more power but Ford fixed that on the newer ones and for those who don't know you can swap the PI heads, cams, and intake manifold from a '99-'04 GT and solve this little problem for under $1500.