1996 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Better Gas Mileage in real wor

1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

1996 Ford Mustang

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach on

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.

Easy to put down top. Ashtray in center/with cover. Side scoops that actually let air through. Good Looks. Hi way driving is pleasurable.

Better handling. making a u turn takes 4 lanes. Seen minivans with better turning radius's. Better interior plastics. Something for winter driving? This is a death trap if it's snowy at all. An actual cup holder? Foldaway mirrors. rear fold down seats in convertible.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By johnw489
on 03/14/14 12:13 PM (PDT)

I agree with sernach on the mpg. I have a 1997 convertible and had it since it rolled off the assembly line. lil over 30.00 bucks to fill the tank and I get a good 20+ mpg in the city. I drove from dallas texas to Austin texas with fuel to go so over 30 hwy. I don't drive it like a granpa either. it has 113 thousand miles and I drive the hell out of it. they make the car to do wide turns so you wont turn over brother. trust me ive hit them at 60+ and it hugged the road like a glove thanks to those zrated soft tires I have to replace way more often than a normal person.