Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach on
1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe
I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.
Favorite Features
Easy to put down top. Ashtray in center/with cover. Side scoops that actually let air through. Good Looks. Hi way driving is pleasurable.
Suggested Improvements
Better handling. making a u turn takes 4 lanes. Seen minivans with better turning radius's. Better interior plastics. Something for winter driving? This is a death trap if it's snowy at all. An actual cup holder? Foldaway mirrors. rear fold down seats in convertible.
By johnw489
on 03/14/14 12:13 PM (PDT)

I agree with sernach on the mpg. I have a 1997 convertible and had it since it rolled off the assembly line. lil over 30.00 bucks to fill the tank and I get a good 20+ mpg in the city. I drove from dallas texas to Austin texas with fuel to go so over 30 hwy. I don't drive it like a granpa either. it has 113 thousand miles and I drive the hell out of it. they make the car to do wide turns so you wont turn over brother. trust me ive hit them at 60+ and it hugged the road like a glove thanks to those zrated soft tires I have to replace way more often than a normal person.