1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Lousy Car
By phil34209 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Nothing but trouble, constant repairs including major ones, lousy ride, terrible fuel economy.

BEAUTY
By MOPPA on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Bought the car 2 years ago had a couple of problems but I wouldn't trade the car for anything. Have 2 Mercedes, but the Mustang is my favorite.

1996 ford mustang gt coupe
By MIke#11 on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

one of the best cars i've ever driven

nates review
By dirtbikerdude991 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

good car lots of fun and i love to drive it it is a bundal of fun

TIRES, TIRES, AND TIRES!!!
By Mustango on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I think Ford made a really nice car with this coupe. For the money its a nice looking ride and some peep to it. One thing with these cars is they go through tires BIG TIME! and we drive it very little. Its not the tires I put on it, Its the car itself dragging the tires tread down. At 53K miles its I have replaced 4 sets of tires on it due to poor suspension. Nice looking car and good for a v-6 on gas

American Muscle is Fun!
By MustangT on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

The car is a ton of fun to drive. Power is always right there, but a little more is always a lttile better. So far a couple of mods (exhaust and intake) have awakened the car better than I expexted. Gas mileage isn't great, but if you want 40 miles per gallon, then this is not the car for you. The Mustang is all about power and looking good! I love it!

Very Dependable and Fun to Drive
By L Ruiz on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for almost 7 1/2 years and have never had any mechanical problems with it, other than regular maintenance. It looks good and is fun to drive.

Stang Chang
By stangfanatic on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Nice Drive, Lots of power, cheap power.

Very nice car!
By Big_Gar420 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car when it had 76,000 miles on it and it runs great. I have upgraded wheels, exhaust, shifter and a few other bolt-ons. This is the best body style of a Mustang but sadly the motor id the worst ever put in a Mustang. The heads are very resticting and that decreases HP. These car will hang with 99+ Stangs with a headswap. Great car overall.

My Poor Mustang
By Mustang Sally on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this Stang 7 years ago and always kept it well maintained until that dreaded day when I let my 16 year old drive it 10 days after he got his license. Well i'll tell you something he hit a telephone pole and pushed the engine darn near into the passenger compartment and walked away with minor injuries so I rate it safe. What a great car. I never had a major repair done in 7years. The only rpoblem was the excessive wear on the tires. I seems I replaced them every 18 months.