Used 1996 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang Gt Review
By Alex

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

It's a fun car to own if you are handy with a tool box. I like the car but I don't trust Ford quality. Ford's use of plastic in critical engine parts is senseless. The intake manifold cracked (4.6L engine). The cheap use of plastic vacuum lines behind the dash. You have no leg room in the rear. It's an affordable sports car to own. It has plenty of power. There are plenty of aftermarket parts to keep your Mustang looking good. Be sure to get a good maintenance manual to save you money on the repairs.

It drives great, and the rear bumpers can take a beating and hold their shape.

Don't use plastic on the vacuum system. And use metal on the intake or any hot parts.

ok car
By joey

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with low miles on it for the year. Since then I have spent over $6,000 dollars in repairs for this car. Transmission, radiator, radiator fan and motor, suspension, top, and it goes through tires and brakes fast. Another bad thing about this car is the electrical problems. My A/C system only blows on high and the O2 sensor and evaporative sensor also have been replaced All the problems started to happen after 75,000 miles; other than all the bad stuff this car is fun to drive with the top down and handles pretty well. Gas mileage is also pretty bad - about 15 mpg with the v6.

Red convertible, top down, sound system, handling and the fact that the car is an eye catcher.

Transmission, electrical problems, fuel economy, and cooling system.

My Stang
By Topless96mustang

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought the car a few months ago and i absolutely love it. It is fun to drive and fairly fast. It does get the worst gas mileage, but that's the price you pay for 8 cylinders. Some must-have mods are: Flowmaster Dela 40 exhaust with chrome tips, headers, and a 70mm throttle body. I recommend the Edelbrock. I kept the factory intake but put on a Kk&N filter. I also opened up the scoops in the hood so the engine is kept colder. I get 20 more HP in the winter time.

The convertible, the exhaust, and the speed.

GAS MILEAGE. It's the worst! I also think the fender gap in the back tires could be lower. Not so much fiberglass parts on the car if I had to redo it.

Mustant
By MaxineDay

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love this car. I bought it from a dealership that sold cars that were rentals through Budget. I've had no problems, other than the top deteriorating. But, I live in Las Vegas and the car sits in the heat quite often. I have no complaints

Just fun to drive, has great pickup in traffic

Lousy Car
By phil34209

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Nothing but trouble, constant repairs including major ones, lousy ride, terrible fuel economy.

exterior looks good

change transmission, change complete suspension, better paint coating, etc...

• SUV