1996 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
American Muscle is Fun!
By MustangT on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

The car is a ton of fun to drive. Power is always right there, but a little more is always a lttile better. So far a couple of mods (exhaust and intake) have awakened the car better than I expexted. Gas mileage isn't great, but if you want 40 miles per gallon, then this is not the car for you. The Mustang is all about power and looking good! I love it!

Very nice car!
By Big_Gar420 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car when it had 76,000 miles on it and it runs great. I have upgraded wheels, exhaust, shifter and a few other bolt-ons. This is the best body style of a Mustang but sadly the motor id the worst ever put in a Mustang. The heads are very resticting and that decreases HP. These car will hang with 99+ Stangs with a headswap. Great car overall.

Mustang
By Net Cruiser on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love driving it. Smooth ride. Nice looking car. Kick ass sound system. Best air conditioner I have ever seen!

Fun to drive
By MarcB on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

A great summer car that rides and handles very well. The V6 could use more power but that can be cured with dual exhaust and intake upgrades. This car seems prone to electrical problems. In the past 8 months it has had 2 major (vapor canistor sensor, ignition coils)and 1 minor (cruise control) electrical problem. Harmonic vibration at around 60mph/100kph.

triples galore
By tripleblack on 03/16/02 13:03 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

i've had the stang for more than 8months now. With the california weather, im fortunate to drive with the top down even during the winter season!! The only complaint is the gas milage, then again maybe its my right foot that makes a difference in that! My MAF has gone out and will need replacement soon! Other than that, the vehicle is grrrreat!

the original pony car
By isaac on 03/08/02 00:42 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

i just recently bought a 96 mustang convertable and its awesome...The looks are beatiful...the feel and handling is great...and with the top down, you feel free. The performance is pretty good too...and the fuel economy is outstanding...these are some of the mosts beautiful 'stangs ever built.