1996 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
TIRES, TIRES, AND TIRES!!!
By Mustango on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I think Ford made a really nice car with this coupe. For the money its a nice looking ride and some peep to it. One thing with these cars is they go through tires BIG TIME! and we drive it very little. Its not the tires I put on it, Its the car itself dragging the tires tread down. At 53K miles its I have replaced 4 sets of tires on it due to poor suspension. Nice looking car and good for a v-6 on gas

Very Dependable and Fun to Drive
By L Ruiz on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for almost 7 1/2 years and have never had any mechanical problems with it, other than regular maintenance. It looks good and is fun to drive.

My Poor Mustang
By Mustang Sally on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this Stang 7 years ago and always kept it well maintained until that dreaded day when I let my 16 year old drive it 10 days after he got his license. Well i'll tell you something he hit a telephone pole and pushed the engine darn near into the passenger compartment and walked away with minor injuries so I rate it safe. What a great car. I never had a major repair done in 7years. The only rpoblem was the excessive wear on the tires. I seems I replaced them every 18 months.

Expensive to own
By TJ1000 on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my mustang but am virtually forced to sell because I can't afford the monthly repairs this car requires. The car is high maintenance and it would be one thing to repair it, but it means you have to go to a ford dealer and sit there in wait hours with other ford owners. Trust me, it's not fun. $300+ monthly maintenance bills. Mine has sit in my driveway for 4 months without moving, because I couldn't afford to fix it for a while.

My little pony
By johnmickens on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used 3 years ago.I have had no problems with it so far, except the alternator which went out at 63000 miles, not a major problem, I've replaced it, now everything is fine.

My FORD- "fix or repair daily"
By msnurse on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Overall, I thought I had made a great purchase until I passed 30k--when the warranty was no longer valid. At 32k the transmission blew apart --thanks to a defective converter (By the way, I don't drive like a maniac--and really take good care of my cars). Needless to say, I was out almost $2k. I have just been informed that my engine needs to be rebuilt at only 100k miles. After speaking with other Ford owners, this is a common problem. Very frustrating. I have been VERY disappointed with the repair costs and problems. This car is going to the junk yard this week. Can promise you that my next car will be anything but a Ford.

My Pony
By janflemmons on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

We have never had one problem (knock on wood) with our 1996 Mustang. She has been an absolute dream to own. The turning circle sucks and it's underpowered, but past that, it's been great. We've driven cross country twice and it's been great. Back seat is basically useless for people, but it's just me, hubby, and our cocker spaniel so it fits us just fine!

NOT ALL ITS CRACKED UP TO BE
By LISA on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I purchased my 96 mustang because it was a chance to have that pretty sporty car before i got a "family" car. Unfortunately it has had so many problems since then that I would have probably been better off with a toyota or honda. Now I know and am trying to sell it before it costs me even more!!!

Great car!
By racinron on 05/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

This has been one of the best cars I've ever own, and I've been driving 40 years. I put a K&N air filter on it and a Hooker Header Cat Back system on it a few years back. These 2 items really increased the horsepower. I also put on set of Boyd's wheels to dress it up. I just turned 59,000 miles today and everything is original, brakes, clutch, etc. There have been no mechanical problems and just regular maintenance. I change the oil myself every 2,500 to 3,000 miles and use Valvoline All Climate 5-30 oil. This car has been one of the best I've ever owned!