1996 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Still fun after all these years
By Big Red One on 06/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought new, gets comments eight years later. Red paint glistens. Blew the intake manifold at 55 k, Ford covered repair even though out of warranty! Differential leak at about 90,000. Ended up paying for a new rear end. My fault...fixing the leak would have been much less costly. Clutch went at 110,000, but got the repair for $600 by avoiding the dealer. Ran too hot for a summer. Replaced radiator at 120k which fixed the problem ($400). Now runs cool even in 100 degree heat with the a/c blasting. Tires good for no more than 45 k. I'm now running my third set. At about $900 per, that's not cheap. But man, those meats look good.

96 black gt
By Craig karr on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The heater core has gone out 3 times since 2000, and its been in 2 accidents. Even though it is not the best car by far, i still love my gt.

1996 ford mustang gt coupe
By MIke#11 on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

one of the best cars i've ever driven

nates review
By dirtbikerdude991 on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

good car lots of fun and i love to drive it it is a bundal of fun

Stang Chang
By stangfanatic on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Nice Drive, Lots of power, cheap power.

Very nice car
By Stefano Delnevo on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1996 mustang Gt last summer and so far its great no problems at all. Its a very fun car to drive. Only problem for thoughs who live were theres snow, you cant drive them in the winter so be prepared to by a cheap winter car.

Not Worth the Headaches
By WeaponX on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

After many years of driving GM's I started looking at the Ford Mustang!! The Transmission Blew at 31,000,the Tire Rods also had to be replaced and It has No Power for a V8 Engine!! Needless to say I have Happily Sold this Car(after wasting over $2,000 in repairs) and I am VERY Dissapointed in a Car w/Less than 32,000 Miles on it and It Literally Needs a Complete Ovehaul!! I Would Never Buy a Ford Agian!!!!Reality wise I can't call it a Muscle/Sport car since it's True Competition is the Mitsubishi Eclipse!!! The Need to Go back to the Drawing board and Re-Invent their Engine and Transmisson to seriously be a Contender to Chevy's Monsters!!!

hey good lookin'
By hillbilly joe on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

all in all it has been an awesome car. the car looks sweet and still can make everyone turn their head. it feels nice to speed up with the 5 speed manual. no serious mechanical problems, except the intake manifold cracking at 58K but taken care of under recall. some of the interior "plastics" squeak on bumpy rides. also on quick acceleration the transmission grinds when shifting to second. a slight lack in HP but exceptable being the first of the 4.6L.

96 PONY DRIVER
By Hoss on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my hard top GT new in 1996. It been a pretty reliable car with a couple of exceptions. My brakes have lasted 60k miles with hard driving. The only negatives I see is the plastic intake which cracked and was replaced at 50k miles and the throw-out bearing on the clutch start making noise around 20k miles. I plan to purchase a new car this year but I will keep the Mustang for a second vehicle.

By ShannonReblin on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Hasnt been to bad of a car for a ford. Never really had any major problems yet. I like how it looks the best.