1996 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
I'm selling it!
By bordasel_1708 on 07/19/08 23:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had my mustang for a year and 3 months. It had 89,000 miles when I bought it and it now has 99,000. Since I've had it I had to put new spark plugs, a frame bushing ball joint, belt, a/c clutch, ignition, and also have had it aligned twice. The seats that came in it were ugly. But I put seats from a 99 Mustang in them which look really nice. I have magnaflow dual exhaust on it (which sounds great), and traded in the 15" rims for 17", got a new sonic blue paint job, custom taillights and headlights. Which have made it a good looking car that turns heads. It has been reliable and has never broken down. Overall it is a decent car.

I'm loving it
By Dave on 11/28/07 13:11 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my stang. I put aftermarket exhaust, air intake with K&N filter, electronic distributor, thicker spark plug wires and better spark plugs. Very fun to drive and sounds great with true dual exhaust!

I still own it
By AJ on 07/14/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

No major problems after 11 years.Have not driven it much since 2004, only 2200 miles. Hard on tires. Replaced exhaust system, sounds better and increased power.

fun in the stang
By mustanger96 on 03/31/06 11:40 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in November 2005 from a wholesale auto store. Was not sure what I was getting but I changed all of the fluids. The check engine light was on when I got it, the students at the local community college-automotive tech program checked it out and I needed a purge solenoid - $10.00 part. I bought two new tires and got it aligned and its been great! 79,000 miles on it and it's still turning heads.

Over 275,000 miles!
By Down on 12/06/05 22:38 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Over 275,000 miles on my '96 Mustang 6 cylinder and still going strong. Bought it used in '98 with 29,000 and have driven 135 miles daily round trip to work. The manual transmission went out at 185k and then the heater core started leaking at 225k. After they replaced the transmission, the speedometer cable burned into so for 3 months I didn't click off mileage so I have closer to 285k on this car and it is still going. This has been an overall excellent vehicle.

Awesome Car
By MustangMach1 on 02/24/05 22:17 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this Stang in January of 2004 and have had no problems whatsoever. Tires wear fast, but with a car that looks like a Mustang, who cares? I love this car. I put Cobra rims on and have had no extreme tire wear since. Also with the installed Flowmaster dual exhaust it always gets confused for a GT. I would reccomend this car to anyone who likes to drop the hammer once in awhile and hear the exhaust scream.

Think about it
By Dave Doorwood on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new with 8 miles on it. @ 50 miles the tie-rod broke and it cost me $70.00 for a alignment (non warrenty) now the car has 118,324 miles on it and it has well over $6k in repairs..2 sets of Head-Gaskets, 1 Transmission, $800 in emissions work..Tires last about 40k miles and brakes last about 9k miles. dealership is unable to resolve front end problems and they have had it 6 times.

The Money Pit
By bluecar on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I was so excited to purchase this vehicle back in 1996. It was so much fun to drive and very comfortable. When the car hit 47,000 miles things went sour. The head gaskets blew and the car was out of commission for 2+ months while waiting for a new engine to replace the damaged lower block. A few months after that, the car was recalled for this problem. Right after that the a/c line broke. I had all the repairs made at the dealer. Then most recently, the engine blew again! I could not believe it. This will make the 3rd engine and it only has 108,000 miles. Based on my experience, this car is THE money pit.

Love My Stang
By Lilstang38 on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought my Stang new in 96, only had one problem with it so far. Replaced fuel pump under warranty at 1500 mi. No abnormal wear and tear on any parts. Changed front pads at 108,000 mi. and still had 3/8 in. of lining left, still have a 1/2 in. of lining on the rear. This car has been just awesome all the way around.

Great Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By yasilyn on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had this car almost 2 years, it was purchased for a work vehicle because we got a good deal. I love the great gas mileage and the performance, but again there is the tire issue. But luckily I have had great luck with the engine it has 90,000 and not any problems other than regular matienance. All together I have been greatly suprised by this peppy little machine.