1996 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My mustang
By 1996 mustang gt on 05/27/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This mustang still has not given me any problems since I bought it. Even at 14 years old. I expected it to have give me at least some problems.

My car
By 96gtJohn on 04/01/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Gt october of 07. Excited as hell the first day in it i nearly crashed it. I bought the car from a friend of mines that worked at the for dealership and he bought it from another guy at the same dealership. The car is far from stock. Since I have owned the car I've changed the headlights, taillights, tinted the windows, lowered the car. I have also added the K&N cold air intake (great purchase) I have changed the throttle body, also added the slp loudmouth shotgun resonators which sound amazing, i have also put wider (275) meaty tires to get the car to stick, larger brakes, 04 cobra tranny, and to top it off i had the car paint purple/ black with metal flakes.

I'm selling it!
By bordasel_1708 on 07/19/08 23:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had my mustang for a year and 3 months. It had 89,000 miles when I bought it and it now has 99,000. Since I've had it I had to put new spark plugs, a frame bushing ball joint, belt, a/c clutch, ignition, and also have had it aligned twice. The seats that came in it were ugly. But I put seats from a 99 Mustang in them which look really nice. I have magnaflow dual exhaust on it (which sounds great), and traded in the 15" rims for 17", got a new sonic blue paint job, custom taillights and headlights. Which have made it a good looking car that turns heads. It has been reliable and has never broken down. Overall it is a decent car.

Excellent car
By rainydal on 03/22/08 21:00 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Stang! I bought it five years ago, and have sped around in it everyday. It handles great in snow and rain considering it is rear wheel drive. Today a drunk driver smashed it up and I am so depressed.

I'm loving it
By Dave on 11/28/07 13:11 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my stang. I put aftermarket exhaust, air intake with K&N filter, electronic distributor, thicker spark plug wires and better spark plugs. Very fun to drive and sounds great with true dual exhaust!

1996 Mustang Cobra (they didn't list it)
By Mustang Lover on 10/20/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Wonderful car to own. I have had several Mustangs in the past 8 years. I have had V-8's and 1; V-6. All have been a pleasure to own. If you are looking for a V-6 spend the extra money for the extra HP you will happy that you did. The back seat is for looks basically, handling is wonderful, & speed is great!

I still own it
By AJ on 07/14/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

No major problems after 11 years.Have not driven it much since 2004, only 2200 miles. Hard on tires. Replaced exhaust system, sounds better and increased power.

Swagg's 1996 Ford Mustang GTRŪ
By Jonh SWaggerty on 04/09/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

The 1996 Ford Mustang GTRŪ has started up every time I have ever turned the key. I have had very little trouble finding parts for repairs (when necessary) as well as performance parts. I also think the ride quality is superior to previous years and the power is much improved with the 4.6L. Although the car lacks rwhp in its factory trim it makes up for it with torque. Also it is a solid car and hooks very well. The GT is ready for modifications in hp, which is truly the hallmark of a mustang, affording the opportunity for personalization.

Decent ride
By joshreisch on 09/06/06 09:17 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This car has always been good to me. I have had only minor problems related to oxygen sensors. Good transportation and the mileage is not too bad, 19-22.

Pretty nice for its time.
By The Mighty on 06/08/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Pretty quick, but a little weak for a V-8, but I just did a PI head swap to remedy that. It gets good gas mileage for a V-8. I took a 4 hour trip and only burned a half-tank. With the exception of the stock intake cracking, it's been very reliable. For it's time, the interior is pretty well-done, hence the reason it didn't really change again until the new '05 model. Overall, fun car to drive, and TONS of potential for modding.

1 2 3 4 5 next »