Used 1996 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My mustang
By 1996 mustang gt

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This mustang still has not given me any problems since I bought it. Even at 14 years old. I expected it to have give me at least some problems.

Favorite Features

The guy i bought it from already put 3:73 gears on it.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy and a better location for the cup holder.

My car
By 96gtJohn

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Gt october of 07. Excited as hell the first day in it i nearly crashed it. I bought the car from a friend of mines that worked at the for dealership and he bought it from another guy at the same dealership. The car is far from stock. Since I have owned the car I've changed the headlights, taillights, tinted the windows, lowered the car. I have also added the K&N cold air intake (great purchase) I have changed the throttle body, also added the slp loudmouth shotgun resonators which sound amazing, i have also put wider (275) meaty tires to get the car to stick, larger brakes, 04 cobra tranny, and to top it off i had the car paint purple/ black with metal flakes.

Favorite Features

fun to drive, i luv my paint job, the exhaust is amazing, the car has alot of potential. there are more parts than i can dream of for great prices and getting to places under the hood can be easier than other cars

Suggested Improvements

Since i've gotten the car the transmission has given me hell the car has currently ben in the shop a month due to tranni problems

I'm selling it!
By bordasel_1708

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had my mustang for a year and 3 months. It had 89,000 miles when I bought it and it now has 99,000. Since I've had it I had to put new spark plugs, a frame bushing ball joint, belt, a/c clutch, ignition, and also have had it aligned twice. The seats that came in it were ugly. But I put seats from a 99 Mustang in them which look really nice. I have magnaflow dual exhaust on it (which sounds great), and traded in the 15" rims for 17", got a new sonic blue paint job, custom taillights and headlights. Which have made it a good looking car that turns heads. It has been reliable and has never broken down. Overall it is a decent car.

Favorite Features

The interior, the dual exhaust, the rims

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, more power, nicer standard rims and seats, more room, less little stuff to go wrong

Excellent car
By rainydal

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Stang! I bought it five years ago, and have sped around in it everyday. It handles great in snow and rain considering it is rear wheel drive. Today a drunk driver smashed it up and I am so depressed.

Favorite Features

Body style and handling. I put it a new suspension bar and now it handles like it is on rails!

Suggested Improvements

The '05+ body style is nice, but I love my Stang and will buy one just like it!

I'm loving it
By Dave

1996 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love my stang. I put aftermarket exhaust, air intake with K&N filter, electronic distributor, thicker spark plug wires and better spark plugs. Very fun to drive and sounds great with true dual exhaust!

Favorite Features

Nice and zippy around town! Love the body styling of this year. Still my every day driver after 12 years!

Suggested Improvements

Should come with GT rims