1996 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach on 08/28/10 00:52 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.

cheap reliable american classic
By Philip Gray on 03/22/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've had this car about 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It had 97K miles when I bought it but later I realized the odometer doesn't work so I don't really know how many it has on it. My favorite things about it are that it has great looks, it gets good gas mileage, and all the power options on it. Overall this is the best economical american muscle car for the money.

Lowered Mustang
By mustang man on 09/06/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love my green Mustang with tan top. When I bought the car it was lowered in the front, dual exhast and cobra R wheels. This car is extremely fun to drive and when the top's off, wow on a nice night it's great. But I must say that the gas mileage is pretty bad, I feel like I'm always at the gas station. But other then that I plan on buying a 1998 GT convertible that's how much I like them.

ok car
By joey on 02/08/05 10:25 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with low miles on it for the year. Since then I have spent over $6,000 dollars in repairs for this car. Transmission, radiator, radiator fan and motor, suspension, top, and it goes through tires and brakes fast. Another bad thing about this car is the electrical problems. My A/C system only blows on high and the O2 sensor and evaporative sensor also have been replaced All the problems started to happen after 75,000 miles; other than all the bad stuff this car is fun to drive with the top down and handles pretty well. Gas mileage is also pretty bad - about 15 mpg with the v6.

Mustant
By MaxineDay on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love this car. I bought it from a dealership that sold cars that were rentals through Budget. I've had no problems, other than the top deteriorating. But, I live in Las Vegas and the car sits in the heat quite often. I have no complaints

Lousy Car
By phil34209 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Nothing but trouble, constant repairs including major ones, lousy ride, terrible fuel economy.

Mustang
By Net Cruiser on 08/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love driving it. Smooth ride. Nice looking car. Kick ass sound system. Best air conditioner I have ever seen!

Fun to drive
By MarcB on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

A great summer car that rides and handles very well. The V6 could use more power but that can be cured with dual exhaust and intake upgrades. This car seems prone to electrical problems. In the past 8 months it has had 2 major (vapor canistor sensor, ignition coils)and 1 minor (cruise control) electrical problem. Harmonic vibration at around 60mph/100kph.

the original pony car
By isaac on 03/08/02 00:42 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

i just recently bought a 96 mustang convertable and its awesome...The looks are beatiful...the feel and handling is great...and with the top down, you feel free. The performance is pretty good too...and the fuel economy is outstanding...these are some of the mosts beautiful 'stangs ever built.