1996 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach on 08/28/10 00:52 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.

my 96 gt
By my 96 gt on 12/15/09 21:32 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned my mustang for 9 months and it was my fourth vehicle purchase and the most expensive i have owned rare cars for the most part including a rx7 and a fiero. I found my stang and fell in love with it right away and it has been the most fun of any car iv driven its honestly sad when i have to get out of it its very reliable and runs great you truly have to drive one to know the feeling!

cheap reliable american classic
By Philip Gray on 03/22/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've had this car about 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It had 97K miles when I bought it but later I realized the odometer doesn't work so I don't really know how many it has on it. My favorite things about it are that it has great looks, it gets good gas mileage, and all the power options on it. Overall this is the best economical american muscle car for the money.

Lowered Mustang
By mustang man on 09/06/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love my green Mustang with tan top. When I bought the car it was lowered in the front, dual exhast and cobra R wheels. This car is extremely fun to drive and when the top's off, wow on a nice night it's great. But I must say that the gas mileage is pretty bad, I feel like I'm always at the gas station. But other then that I plan on buying a 1998 GT convertible that's how much I like them.

Mustang Gt Review
By Alex on 05/31/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

It's a fun car to own if you are handy with a tool box. I like the car but I don't trust Ford quality. Ford's use of plastic in critical engine parts is senseless. The intake manifold cracked (4.6L engine). The cheap use of plastic vacuum lines behind the dash. You have no leg room in the rear. It's an affordable sports car to own. It has plenty of power. There are plenty of aftermarket parts to keep your Mustang looking good. Be sure to get a good maintenance manual to save you money on the repairs.

ok car
By joey on 02/08/05 10:25 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with low miles on it for the year. Since then I have spent over $6,000 dollars in repairs for this car. Transmission, radiator, radiator fan and motor, suspension, top, and it goes through tires and brakes fast. Another bad thing about this car is the electrical problems. My A/C system only blows on high and the O2 sensor and evaporative sensor also have been replaced All the problems started to happen after 75,000 miles; other than all the bad stuff this car is fun to drive with the top down and handles pretty well. Gas mileage is also pretty bad - about 15 mpg with the v6.

My Stang
By Topless96mustang on 12/02/04 00:41 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought the car a few months ago and i absolutely love it. It is fun to drive and fairly fast. It does get the worst gas mileage, but that's the price you pay for 8 cylinders. Some must-have mods are: Flowmaster Dela 40 exhaust with chrome tips, headers, and a 70mm throttle body. I recommend the Edelbrock. I kept the factory intake but put on a Kk&N filter. I also opened up the scoops in the hood so the engine is kept colder. I get 20 more HP in the winter time.

Mustant
By MaxineDay on 09/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love this car. I bought it from a dealership that sold cars that were rentals through Budget. I've had no problems, other than the top deteriorating. But, I live in Las Vegas and the car sits in the heat quite often. I have no complaints

Lousy Car
By phil34209 on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Nothing but trouble, constant repairs including major ones, lousy ride, terrible fuel economy.

BEAUTY
By MOPPA on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought the car 2 years ago had a couple of problems but I wouldn't trade the car for anything. Have 2 Mercedes, but the Mustang is my favorite.