Used 1996 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

one of the best cars I've ever owned and still do.
By shawn

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Anyone who could get a chance to get one i would do your best to get one because u will fall in love will it...

Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.

Easy to put down top. Ashtray in center/with cover. Side scoops that actually let air through. Good Looks. Hi way driving is pleasurable.

Better handling. making a u turn takes 4 lanes. Seen minivans with better turning radius's. Better interior plastics. Something for winter driving? This is a death trap if it's snowy at all. An actual cup holder? Foldaway mirrors. rear fold down seats in convertible.

my 96 gt
By my 96 gt

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned my mustang for 9 months and it was my fourth vehicle purchase and the most expensive i have owned rare cars for the most part including a rx7 and a fiero. I found my stang and fell in love with it right away and it has been the most fun of any car iv driven its honestly sad when i have to get out of it its very reliable and runs great you truly have to drive one to know the feeling!

the torque, sound of the exhaust, fun to drive with great fuel mileage for a v-8 i average 22-23 and i'm not a slow driver!

off road h pipe with flowmaster 40 series mufflers, cold air intake headers, clear headlights

cheap reliable american classic
By Philip Gray

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've had this car about 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It had 97K miles when I bought it but later I realized the odometer doesn't work so I don't really know how many it has on it. My favorite things about it are that it has great looks, it gets good gas mileage, and all the power options on it. Overall this is the best economical american muscle car for the money.

Great MPG, power top, good looks for the year, great handling.

More power, better suspension.

Lowered Mustang
By mustang man

1996 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love my green Mustang with tan top. When I bought the car it was lowered in the front, dual exhast and cobra R wheels. This car is extremely fun to drive and when the top's off, wow on a nice night it's great. But I must say that the gas mileage is pretty bad, I feel like I'm always at the gas station. But other then that I plan on buying a 1998 GT convertible that's how much I like them.

Top down, and lowered in the front.

Gas mileage.