Used 1996 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.

Easy to put down top. Ashtray in center/with cover. Side scoops that actually let air through. Good Looks. Hi way driving is pleasurable.

Better handling. making a u turn takes 4 lanes. Seen minivans with better turning radius's. Better interior plastics. Something for winter driving? This is a death trap if it's snowy at all. An actual cup holder? Foldaway mirrors. rear fold down seats in convertible.

cheap reliable american classic
By Philip Gray

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I've had this car about 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It had 97K miles when I bought it but later I realized the odometer doesn't work so I don't really know how many it has on it. My favorite things about it are that it has great looks, it gets good gas mileage, and all the power options on it. Overall this is the best economical american muscle car for the money.

Great MPG, power top, good looks for the year, great handling.

More power, better suspension.

Lowered Mustang
By mustang man

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I love my green Mustang with tan top. When I bought the car it was lowered in the front, dual exhast and cobra R wheels. This car is extremely fun to drive and when the top's off, wow on a nice night it's great. But I must say that the gas mileage is pretty bad, I feel like I'm always at the gas station. But other then that I plan on buying a 1998 GT convertible that's how much I like them.

Top down, and lowered in the front.

Gas mileage.

ok car
By joey

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I bought this car with low miles on it for the year. Since then I have spent over $6,000 dollars in repairs for this car. Transmission, radiator, radiator fan and motor, suspension, top, and it goes through tires and brakes fast. Another bad thing about this car is the electrical problems. My A/C system only blows on high and the O2 sensor and evaporative sensor also have been replaced All the problems started to happen after 75,000 miles; other than all the bad stuff this car is fun to drive with the top down and handles pretty well. Gas mileage is also pretty bad - about 15 mpg with the v6.

Red convertible, top down, sound system, handling and the fact that the car is an eye catcher.

Transmission, electrical problems, fuel economy, and cooling system.

Mustant
By MaxineDay

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I love this car. I bought it from a dealership that sold cars that were rentals through Budget. I've had no problems, other than the top deteriorating. But, I live in Las Vegas and the car sits in the heat quite often. I have no complaints

Just fun to drive, has great pickup in traffic