Used 1996 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1996 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

96 GT. Wonderful car
By TheChief

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This is a very wonderful car.
Mine is a V8 4.6.
It's not the fastest of the Mustangs but it definitely gets up and moves. I recommend this vehicle

My mustang
By 1996 mustang gt

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This mustang still has not given me any problems since I bought it. Even at 14 years old. I expected it to have give me at least some problems.

The guy i bought it from already put 3:73 gears on it.

Fuel economy and a better location for the cup holder.

My car
By 96gtJohn

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Gt october of 07. Excited as hell the first day in it i nearly crashed it. I bought the car from a friend of mines that worked at the for dealership and he bought it from another guy at the same dealership. The car is far from stock. Since I have owned the car I've changed the headlights, taillights, tinted the windows, lowered the car. I have also added the K&N cold air intake (great purchase) I have changed the throttle body, also added the slp loudmouth shotgun resonators which sound amazing, i have also put wider (275) meaty tires to get the car to stick, larger brakes, 04 cobra tranny, and to top it off i had the car paint purple/ black with metal flakes.

fun to drive, i luv my paint job, the exhaust is amazing, the car has alot of potential. there are more parts than i can dream of for great prices and getting to places under the hood can be easier than other cars

Since i've gotten the car the transmission has given me hell the car has currently ben in the shop a month due to tranni problems

Excellent car
By rainydal

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Stang! I bought it five years ago, and have sped around in it everyday. It handles great in snow and rain considering it is rear wheel drive. Today a drunk driver smashed it up and I am so depressed.

Body style and handling. I put it a new suspension bar and now it handles like it is on rails!

The '05+ body style is nice, but I love my Stang and will buy one just like it!

1996 Mustang Cobra (they didn't list it)
By Mustang Lover

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Wonderful car to own. I have had several Mustangs in the past 8 years. I have had V-8's and 1; V-6. All have been a pleasure to own. If you are looking for a V-6 spend the extra money for the extra HP you will happy that you did. The back seat is for looks basically, handling is wonderful, & speed is great!

Speed, handling, styling.

Glove box larger. Owners manual and registration that is about all you will get in there.