1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My mustang
By 1996 mustang gt on 05/27/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This mustang still has not given me any problems since I bought it. Even at 14 years old. I expected it to have give me at least some problems.

My car
By 96gtJohn on 04/01/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Gt october of 07. Excited as hell the first day in it i nearly crashed it. I bought the car from a friend of mines that worked at the for dealership and he bought it from another guy at the same dealership. The car is far from stock. Since I have owned the car I've changed the headlights, taillights, tinted the windows, lowered the car. I have also added the K&N cold air intake (great purchase) I have changed the throttle body, also added the slp loudmouth shotgun resonators which sound amazing, i have also put wider (275) meaty tires to get the car to stick, larger brakes, 04 cobra tranny, and to top it off i had the car paint purple/ black with metal flakes.

Excellent car
By rainydal on 03/22/08 21:00 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Stang! I bought it five years ago, and have sped around in it everyday. It handles great in snow and rain considering it is rear wheel drive. Today a drunk driver smashed it up and I am so depressed.

1996 Mustang Cobra (they didn't list it)
By Mustang Lover on 10/20/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Wonderful car to own. I have had several Mustangs in the past 8 years. I have had V-8's and 1; V-6. All have been a pleasure to own. If you are looking for a V-6 spend the extra money for the extra HP you will happy that you did. The back seat is for looks basically, handling is wonderful, & speed is great!

Swagg's 1996 Ford Mustang GTRĀ®
By Jonh SWaggerty on 04/09/07 21:26 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

The 1996 Ford Mustang GTRĀ® has started up every time I have ever turned the key. I have had very little trouble finding parts for repairs (when necessary) as well as performance parts. I also think the ride quality is superior to previous years and the power is much improved with the 4.6L. Although the car lacks rwhp in its factory trim it makes up for it with torque. Also it is a solid car and hooks very well. The GT is ready for modifications in hp, which is truly the hallmark of a mustang, affording the opportunity for personalization.

Decent ride
By joshreisch on 09/06/06 09:17 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This car has always been good to me. I have had only minor problems related to oxygen sensors. Good transportation and the mileage is not too bad, 19-22.

Pretty nice for its time.
By The Mighty on 06/08/06 21:16 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Pretty quick, but a little weak for a V-8, but I just did a PI head swap to remedy that. It gets good gas mileage for a V-8. I took a 4 hour trip and only burned a half-tank. With the exception of the stock intake cracking, it's been very reliable. For it's time, the interior is pretty well-done, hence the reason it didn't really change again until the new '05 model. Overall, fun car to drive, and TONS of potential for modding.

Fun car, worth the money.
By Black96GT on 07/14/05 03:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my '96 GT. I don't understand all the bad reviews, it's mostly people who don't even know how to maintain a car anyway. If you take care of it, it should be a good car. I keep up all regular maintenance mine is great. Only thing I really have to complain about is that piece of junk plastic intake crossover. I broke it 2 weeks after getting the car and it cost me $700 to replace the manifold. If you buy one of these things, try to get one that already has the aluminum replacement. Other than that, great car. Not that fast for a v8 but not slow either, and definitely not bad for its time. Handles MUCH better than expected also. I love my pony.

Fun 2 Drive
By ryan95973 on 02/22/05 19:07 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Bought new off the lot. Opal Frost GT with Option Package 248a (the 1996 version of the GTS). I added A/C at the dealer soon after purchase and then added a spoiler a couple of years later. There were a few minor problems early on (clutch noise, radio - all covered by the dealer). The intake manifold has blown twice (at 50k miles and 100k miles) - both times replaced by the dealer at no charge. Pirelli P7000 tires are a great fit for this car (get ~40k miles on them and all-weather traction). Good mileage for a V8. Some wear on the interior pieces but overall the car has aged very well. Paint still looks new. Has been a great car; still going strong on original engine at 157K miles.

Green GT
By Green Stang on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

have owned the car for a year and had to replace radiator and power steering pump. Great car to drive but have a deep wallet to put into parts.