1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
my 96 gt
By my 96 gt on 12/15/09 21:32 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned my mustang for 9 months and it was my fourth vehicle purchase and the most expensive i have owned rare cars for the most part including a rx7 and a fiero. I found my stang and fell in love with it right away and it has been the most fun of any car iv driven its honestly sad when i have to get out of it its very reliable and runs great you truly have to drive one to know the feeling!

Mustang Gt Review
By Alex on 05/31/05 12:53 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

It's a fun car to own if you are handy with a tool box. I like the car but I don't trust Ford quality. Ford's use of plastic in critical engine parts is senseless. The intake manifold cracked (4.6L engine). The cheap use of plastic vacuum lines behind the dash. You have no leg room in the rear. It's an affordable sports car to own. It has plenty of power. There are plenty of aftermarket parts to keep your Mustang looking good. Be sure to get a good maintenance manual to save you money on the repairs.

My Stang
By Topless96mustang on 12/02/04 00:41 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought the car a few months ago and i absolutely love it. It is fun to drive and fairly fast. It does get the worst gas mileage, but that's the price you pay for 8 cylinders. Some must-have mods are: Flowmaster Dela 40 exhaust with chrome tips, headers, and a 70mm throttle body. I recommend the Edelbrock. I kept the factory intake but put on a Kk&N filter. I also opened up the scoops in the hood so the engine is kept colder. I get 20 more HP in the winter time.

BEAUTY
By MOPPA on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Bought the car 2 years ago had a couple of problems but I wouldn't trade the car for anything. Have 2 Mercedes, but the Mustang is my favorite.

American Muscle is Fun!
By MustangT on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

The car is a ton of fun to drive. Power is always right there, but a little more is always a lttile better. So far a couple of mods (exhaust and intake) have awakened the car better than I expexted. Gas mileage isn't great, but if you want 40 miles per gallon, then this is not the car for you. The Mustang is all about power and looking good! I love it!

Very nice car!
By Big_Gar420 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car when it had 76,000 miles on it and it runs great. I have upgraded wheels, exhaust, shifter and a few other bolt-ons. This is the best body style of a Mustang but sadly the motor id the worst ever put in a Mustang. The heads are very resticting and that decreases HP. These car will hang with 99+ Stangs with a headswap. Great car overall.

triples galore
By tripleblack on 03/16/02 13:03 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

i've had the stang for more than 8months now. With the california weather, im fortunate to drive with the top down even during the winter season!! The only complaint is the gas milage, then again maybe its my right foot that makes a difference in that! My MAF has gone out and will need replacement soon! Other than that, the vehicle is grrrreat!