Used 1996 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.

Easy to put down top. Ashtray in center/with cover. Side scoops that actually let air through. Good Looks. Hi way driving is pleasurable.

Better handling. making a u turn takes 4 lanes. Seen minivans with better turning radius's. Better interior plastics. Something for winter driving? This is a death trap if it's snowy at all. An actual cup holder? Foldaway mirrors. rear fold down seats in convertible.

My mustang
By 1996 mustang gt

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This mustang still has not given me any problems since I bought it. Even at 14 years old. I expected it to have give me at least some problems.

The guy i bought it from already put 3:73 gears on it.

Fuel economy and a better location for the cup holder.

my 96 gt
By my 96 gt

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned my mustang for 9 months and it was my fourth vehicle purchase and the most expensive i have owned rare cars for the most part including a rx7 and a fiero. I found my stang and fell in love with it right away and it has been the most fun of any car iv driven its honestly sad when i have to get out of it its very reliable and runs great you truly have to drive one to know the feeling!

the torque, sound of the exhaust, fun to drive with great fuel mileage for a v-8 i average 22-23 and i'm not a slow driver!

off road h pipe with flowmaster 40 series mufflers, cold air intake headers, clear headlights

My car
By 96gtJohn

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Gt october of 07. Excited as hell the first day in it i nearly crashed it. I bought the car from a friend of mines that worked at the for dealership and he bought it from another guy at the same dealership. The car is far from stock. Since I have owned the car I've changed the headlights, taillights, tinted the windows, lowered the car. I have also added the K&N cold air intake (great purchase) I have changed the throttle body, also added the slp loudmouth shotgun resonators which sound amazing, i have also put wider (275) meaty tires to get the car to stick, larger brakes, 04 cobra tranny, and to top it off i had the car paint purple/ black with metal flakes.

fun to drive, i luv my paint job, the exhaust is amazing, the car has alot of potential. there are more parts than i can dream of for great prices and getting to places under the hood can be easier than other cars

Since i've gotten the car the transmission has given me hell the car has currently ben in the shop a month due to tranni problems

cheap reliable american classic
By Philip Gray

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I've had this car about 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It had 97K miles when I bought it but later I realized the odometer doesn't work so I don't really know how many it has on it. My favorite things about it are that it has great looks, it gets good gas mileage, and all the power options on it. Overall this is the best economical american muscle car for the money.

Great MPG, power top, good looks for the year, great handling.

More power, better suspension.