Used 1995 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The last of the 5.0
By Nosstang331

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I own a '95 GT Mustang. It is the 8th Mustang to sleep in the stable. After owning 6 foxes and a 4.6GT, this is with out a doubt my favorite of the bunch. It is extremely reliable, as all 5.0s have been for me. The interior is nice and comfortable. The car rides great and gets pretty good gas mileage. I usually get about 295 miles a tank with mine. And that’s with 3.73 gears. The only downfall I see with the mighty 5.0 is, in stock form, it’s underpowered. It’s a good base to start with 225hp and there are plenty of aftermarket parts to make these cars scream. I have no complaints and highly recommend any one buy a 5.0.

While mine is far from stock, the deep roar that the exhaust gives out.

Better flowing heads. Better computer to accept mods.

Super rare GTS
By nmartin

1995 Ford Mustang GTS 2dr Coupe

I purchased my mustang from a neighbor. I didn't realize it was a GTS until after purchase -- oh what a steal; one of 6000+ and only 197 of color combo and transmission. Very special car! I did a few modifications, pulleys, BBK intake, 3.55 Gears and complete tuneup. Smoking fast 0-50 4 valve Cobra runner. Great aftermarket; watch out if can become addictive. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who doesn't need to drive in the snow.

Manual transmission, pushrod blue oval power and ease of working on vehicle without being an ASE mechanic.

Better brakes and stiffer suspension; all easily solved by aftermarket, but like I said it can become addictive.

great car
By ty

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car wondering if the Ford will be able to compete with a Honda but this car is great fun to drive. It has130,000 miles on it. I bought the car for only $2700 bucks and it is well worth it. If I were to get a Honda it would have been a 1988 Honda for that price or even older.

Powerful for only a six.

Hard to see when backing up at night time.

Great Car
By Scooter

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Low-end grunt of the pushrod 302 is tons of fun, especially on city streets. With a few well selected, simple modifications, the car absolutely comes to life, while maintaining it's reliablity, and daily driver ease. The factory brakes are solid, interior and exterior design are solid, handles solid. The gas mileage around town is ok, but in it's pretty good on the freeway, getting about 24 mpg. I would recommend this car to anyone, it has been great for me. No other car offers this combination of performance, looks, reliablity, and comfort for the price.

Gotta love the sound, of a 5.0 with full exhaust open it up.

Stronger rear sway bar, harmonic balancer. The automatic transmission could shift better, firmer. Get a 5 speed stick.

Everything I Expected & More!
By Mustang_Baby

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Purchased car after kids went to
college. Was one of the best things I
did for myself. Absolutely love it! So
fun to drive, except in winter. Need
snows & 200# of sand but it still
goes. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Convertible top (easy to put up & down), Feeling while driving

Little smoother ride would be nice.