Used 1995 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

1995 Mustang 5.0
By dust

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I have had my Mustang for a little over 3 years. It has been through a lot, it was originally a 3.8, but I can't stand that engine, it's crap. So I put a 5.0 in it and love it. I'm going to put a lot of money in it in the near future. I believe it should have more performance from all the talk, but it is ok and it has a lot of potential. If the money is put into it smart, then it can be one of the finest looking cars around. And I only gave 3,500$ for mine.

The exhaust layout is setup nearly perfect. There is lots of room under the hood to work on the engine. For the cheap shocks and struts, it handles extremly well. The entire car has a lot of potential in an all around perspective

Should have came with more performace than just 215. They should have been lowered another inch and half. The t5 trans they used for that year is horrible and fragile.

Greatest car ever
By stangs4ever

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Was not a big fan of the Mustang until I test drove it, then I fell in love with it. Great ride, good power, decent mileage, and great styling in and out. I have driven lots of cars, but none have ever come close to the '95 stang. Sold it in '05 with 400,000kms and regret it every day

Very comfortable. Could drive for hours and not need to stop and stretch

Uping the horsepower a little more and adding a few more miles to the gallon would be nice, but not as bad on gas as most would assume

Rebuilding
By Brian

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Have had very few problems with this car over the 12 years. On the road it gets an unbelievable 30 miles to the gallon at 75 to 80mph and this was triple checked because I couldn't believe it.

Slowly rebuilding complete car while keeping it on the road as a daily driver. Am upgrading most everything while keeping it so it looks stock but not running as stock. Auto OD button in the wrong place and the wheel needs to go lower.

My GT
By My GT

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned 3 Mustangs in the past and this one is my favorite. The 5.0 is bullet-proof and with only Flowmasters and a K&N air filter, it rocks. What a beautiful sound the exhaust system gives. I love it. No problems at 123,000 miles. I keep up the oil and filter changes at 3000 miles and drive it maintenance free. It is a fun car. Take it from a 4 time BMW owner.

Power, lack of maintenance, fun to drive.

Give me a cup holder which is functional.

Old horse never dies
By Double D

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Bought it new in 95. Drive it daily. What a great car. First warm day the top goes down. I never expected a Ford to be as reliable as this. 100k miles and no major problems. Maintain the engine and wash & polish. Car runs and looks new. Added a K&N open air filter and added 5 miles on the highway. Make sure you get Blizzaks for the winter.

Putting the top down and hitting the gas. Added Magnaflow cats and K&N. What a great sound when you hit it.

More power at the tires. Needs 3.73 gears. Shorter shifter would make things easier. More leg room.