Used 1995 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

The last of the 5.0
By Nosstang331

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I own a '95 GT Mustang. It is the 8th Mustang to sleep in the stable. After owning 6 foxes and a 4.6GT, this is with out a doubt my favorite of the bunch. It is extremely reliable, as all 5.0s have been for me. The interior is nice and comfortable. The car rides great and gets pretty good gas mileage. I usually get about 295 miles a tank with mine. And thatís with 3.73 gears. The only downfall I see with the mighty 5.0 is, in stock form, itís underpowered. Itís a good base to start with 225hp and there are plenty of aftermarket parts to make these cars scream. I have no complaints and highly recommend any one buy a 5.0.

Favorite Features

While mine is far from stock, the deep roar that the exhaust gives out.

Suggested Improvements

Better flowing heads. Better computer to accept mods.

Everything I Expected & More!
By Mustang_Baby

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Purchased car after kids went to college. Was one of the best things I did for myself. Absolutely love it! So fun to drive, except in winter. Need snows & 200# of sand but it still goes. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Favorite Features

Convertible top (easy to put up & down), Feeling while driving

Suggested Improvements

Little smoother ride would be nice.

Even after 10 years, Still a GREAT car!!
By JohneLayn

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my Gt Conv brand new in 1994 and it has been my daily driver since. I have NEVER had any real problems with the car. It's fun to drive and it being the last year of the fabulous 5.0 engine, I'll never get rid of it. This is the best car I've ever owned. I will never buy another import. I've bought 4 other Fords since I got my 'stang and I've never had a bad one yet.

Favorite Features

5.0 engine!!! Mach 460 sound system. Virtually trouble free, and at an average of 18 MPG, not too shabby

Suggested Improvements

Mid-range on the power band could be better. You have to reach FAR to adjust the sterio

I love it
By mrbear329

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Nothing like putting the top down and going for hours. Mustangs - only sex is better.

Favorite Features

Its a Mustang Americas ORIGINAL fun car.

Suggested Improvements

I cant wait for the 2005 to get here.

1995 Mustang
By butchF

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Highway Miles between Douglasville Georgia, to Athens Georgia, to Birmingham, Alabama where I have now moved. I travel alot so the car stays parked in a Valet Parking, Covered Lot at the Atlanta Airport. This car will run with the Big dogs, last of the big engines. It will top out about 150 mph. Because of modifications, Struts, 18 " tires, high speed brakes, and 3000 mile service it's entire life, the Mustang is in excelent shape. Looks new.

Favorite Features

accelaration, lots of fun for a 60 year old man to show the Kids smoke from the tires. Leather upholstery, easy to keep clean, new top, great selection in Sailcloth, much better than original

Suggested Improvements

brighter head lights, like the new mustangs. Better top cover when top is down, soft cover much better than hard covers. Better trunk space. When traveling, I have to use the back seat sometime as well as the TRUNK.