1995 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

A Great Friend
By Highalpine

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Bought my 'stang as a 1 year old mid- life fling. Been driving it every summer since. What a blast!. The 5L v8 is powerful and relaiable, if a bit heavy on the gas. NO major repairs in 9 years! Very reliable. If I were really resious about the car, I'd probably do something about the suspension ass it does bounce around on rough curvy roads. The sound sysem is great.

Favorite Features

The Bose Mach 12 sound system and the styling of the body.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension is typically American - average. Front leg room could be improved.

Great Year for Reliability / Fun Factor
By Fox95

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Just an overwell great car. Built great!! Just now starting to have problems with the car cause of its age only.

Favorite Features

Easy of use of the top and the ability to "get up and go."

Suggested Improvements

Traction options need added. $600 tires help a bit.

Great Buy
By lilmarvin

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought this car a while ago and I have not had any problems with it ever. This car is amazing fast and lokks cool doing it. Best car I ever owned!!!

Favorite Features

The huge engine and Mach 460 sound system

Suggested Improvements

No major improvements execpt more space in the back seat. But it is not a passanger car. It is a road machine!!

IT'S GREAT
By STANG

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my 1995 gt conv. brand new off the show-room floor in '94, it now has 160,000 miles. The only major problem it has had was that the manual transmission went out at roughly 100,000 mi.(I was suprised it lasted that long. I use my cars hard!) The car even gets okay (highway) gas mileage with it having a 5.0L v-8 under the hood. Love the smooth curves and lines on the interior and exterior. MACH 460 sound system makes driving with the top down a blast.

Favorite Features

5.0 engine is great, produces lots of horses and is very reliable. Looks of both the car and of those viewing it are overwhelming. The mach 460 sound sytem is better than any aftermarket system.

Suggested Improvements

The only sugestion i have for ford is to use the 6 speed manual transmission standard on the gt models ( I converted my gt to a 6 speed and it makes it even more fun that it was before, if you can believe that.) KUDOS to Ford for bringing back the Mach 1 Mustang!

My old Stang
By pike513

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Great car, cheap to repair. I have 120K miles and old problem was my transmission went out at 80K which I hear is common. LOVE MY STANG

Favorite Features

UPGRADABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Gas Milage is horrible 13 miles per gallon. OUCH

ARGHHHH!!!
By nomore'stangsever

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I bought the car with only 72,000 miles on it and I expected it to give me trouble-free enjoyment for at least another 40,000. Unfortunately, the car broke down 3 months later (and cost $800 to fix) and broke down every 3 months after that, at similar costs. Never buy a FORD. In all I've put $2,500 in that car on repairs in 1 damn year. Oh, and it depreciated like a mother in that same year, funny how that works. I feel sorry for all those idiots who are still buying new Fords.

Favorite Features

the powerful 5.0L V8 engine (the ONLY good feature)

Suggested Improvements

better materials, better parts, and better electronic components

95 Mustang GT conv.
By JohnBoy53

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Bought used in 2000. Been alot of fun to drive. Mostly reliable. Power seat control went bad twice. Solid body feel considering it's a convertible!

Favorite Features

5.0 V-8 power! Lot's of compliments. You can hear them well cause the top is down!

Much more fun than a chevy
By RYAN

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

My stang is hunter green with a tan top and it had 37,ooo miles when i purchased it now it has over 51k, and not one prob yet. Its comfortable and turns heads everywhere i go. W/ the 5.oL V8 its been alot of fun to drive and race my best 1/4mile time so far has been a 14.7 @ 93MPH. All my friends have camaros and Lt1 corvettes, and things always brake. I recommend Ford #1

Favorite Features

I love the seats (very comfy), the interior is designed well, The shifter is awesome- very precise. And ya gotta love 5.0's - torque monsters

Suggested Improvements

the conv. top lowers to slow, the brakes are not as good as they should be car is heavy. To much wheel well gap, And i dont like the stock gear ratio- 2.73