1995 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Good overall value for 15 years of use
By 95horsefly on 06/08/13 13:17 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 GT in 1998 for $15k with 17K miles on it. Regular maintenance at 3K miles with only mobil1 synthetic oil. It now has 127K miles and after 14 yrs it needed the auto trans rebuilt. Motors for both pwr windows and driver seat needed replacing along with odometer/speedometer gear. Otherwise gr8 car. No takeoff with stock 2.73 gears. Now have 3.55 its way better. Avg 20 miles per gallon normal driving. Love interior and the cloth seats are comfortable and durable. Still looks new. Backseats fold down allowing transport of long objects. I love this body style and the car is solid and quiet inside. I recommend buying a mustang for fun and reliability over long term ownership.

My trusty steed
By 94grayghost on 05/31/13 19:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe GTS 2dr Coupe

Before I had a 94 mustang v6, and for years it ran great with minimal problems. Got into a car accident with it, and the insurance company totaled it. I used the money I got from it to get my 1995 GTS which are not very common, and I think this is the best purchase I ever made. I bought it with 151,000 on the clock. Original engine and tranny. Previous owner took very good care of it. I replaced all the fluids, spark plugs, filters etc. Iv'e put 7000 miles on it since I bought it and it's still running like new. The clothe seats are super comfy, and its fairly quick for an old 5.0. So far its a great car and I plan on having it for a really long time as I did my old mustang.

Mustang Coupe (V-6)
By bobr349 on 03/21/12 02:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Car was purchased brand-new 17 years ago and was the first Ford product I had ever owned. Except for several build flaws from the factory, it has been trouble-free through 134,000 miles. It has been garaged the entire time and looks factory-new to this day. I do all the maintenance on the vehicle myself, including 3,000 oil/filter changes, tune-ups, tire rotations, and fluid changes. The A/C unit is powerful and efficient even in FL heat and humidity. The car gets exceptional mileage for a 150 HP engine (V-6 and auto. trans.) at Interstate speeds because of the car's high final drive ratio (about 1900 rpm's at 75 MPH), 30 mpg w/AC on and 32 with the system off. City mileage is only 15-20.

Amazing
By Brandon349 on 08/06/10 12:23 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

i have owned a 99 mustang before this i got hit it was totaled so i bought the 95 5.0 and this is a beauty although id like it to have a little more horsepower than 215 i can't complain because just having the 5.0 makes a big difference than a 4.6 in it handles ok i would like to see it handle better but it's a great ride and i will always have it until the doors fall off then ill fix it and keep it rolling when i bought it it had 87k miles i've put a lot on since i had it now it has 112 which is still very low i did just have a major service done to it and it's in flawless condition its my baby and i absolutely love it

6 cylinder with 200,000+ miles
By 2 door 6-cylinder on 04/02/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my mustang. I got it when I was 17 in exchange for my stratus. I had to learn to drive a manual, but it was well worth it! It had 200,000 miles on it, a new engine, new transmission, and new clutch. I thought I was set, but when you have a car with that many miles, lots of other things can go wrong, but not a lot of expensive things when considering the mileage. I'm sick of taking it into the shop every time I come home from college and not much room for people and luggage, so I'm considering getting rid of it. It's fun to drive, great looking, and pretty good to me. I don't think it would be possible to buy another car as good for just $1500. Such a hard decision.

Old Reliable
By vsanders on 02/19/10 15:41 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have been beyond impressed with my 2 door V6 coupe. The odometer quit at 220k and I admit I am rougher on cars than I should be~but she just keeps going.The only problems I have had was the water pump went out,but I noticed the indicator leak and fixed it,the odometer and the driver's seat motor.This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned,and I only paid $1500!

1995 3.8L Fall Apart Mustang
By McMahon on 09/10/09 13:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

First the paint went bad. Then the air conditioning went bad. Transmission went bad twice and needed replacement. Then the door locks and windows broke. Both windows stopped going up and down within a week’s time. It wasn't too bad on gas when it was running but overall it was a ford and had many problems. I almost forgot the speedometer was intermittent and the odometer stopped working. I would have been better off scraping it when the first transmission went bad.

1995 Mustang 5.0
By dust on 11/27/07 18:48 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have had my Mustang for a little over 3 years. It has been through a lot, it was originally a 3.8, but I can't stand that engine, it's crap. So I put a 5.0 in it and love it. I'm going to put a lot of money in it in the near future. I believe it should have more performance from all the talk, but it is ok and it has a lot of potential. If the money is put into it smart, then it can be one of the finest looking cars around. And I only gave 3,500$ for mine.

Greatest car ever
By stangs4ever on 06/13/07 12:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Was not a big fan of the Mustang until I test drove it, then I fell in love with it. Great ride, good power, decent mileage, and great styling in and out. I have driven lots of cars, but none have ever come close to the '95 stang. Sold it in '05 with 400,000kms and regret it every day

Rebuilding
By Brian on 02/04/07 03:30 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Have had very few problems with this car over the 12 years. On the road it gets an unbelievable 30 miles to the gallon at 75 to 80mph and this was triple checked because I couldn't believe it.

1 2 3 4 5 next »