1995 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Mustang Sally!
By ilovecards on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love my new pony!! Great car for a great price!! Sporty for less!

First Mustang, last Ford?
By JC in PQ on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

I've put money and time into things I just don't feel I should have. At 60k, head gaskets blew and destroyed the engine (3.8 litre). The window switch went out so that I can't use the single push feature and had to bypass that circuit for manual operation. Design flaws lead to broken turn signal wires. An AC line leak cost over $650. All this before even hitting 95k miles! I'm feeling very disappointed in Ford and in my Mustang.

Plan on purchasing a new engine
By Tiff101 on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

The only thing about this car is that it looks good. Other than that plan on replacing the heads or totally getting a new engine. I will never purchase a Ford again due to their lack of informing that my engine could have defects or them totally giving me the run around when I called to get my vechile fixed. I ended up replacing the engine myself because I was just a few miles over the recall amount. I have had both! It's not worth it in the long run, trust me don't let your heart buy your mind and wallet a nightmare.

3.8L Stangs -> 1995
By 3.8garth on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Top of the line Fords appear to be a greater value. Plus get this last year for a proven 5.0L configuration in a Mustang - classic. My attempt to save money by purchasing a 'cost efficient' 1995 Ford Mustang with a 3.8L V6 and weaker 7.5" transmission was a huge and costly error. If you are still considering a low-end model at least research it from Edmunds, NHTSA, and Consumer Affairs before making a commitment.