1995 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Great Car!
By Melissa on 03/25/10 19:38 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I owned this car. It was a great car. Fun to drive. Very little problems for as old as it is. I was involved in an accident however and the car is now totaled. I do miss it. Side impact, if anyone is wondering, this car is safer than you can imagine. Built very strong and very safe. I will miss the mustang and am contemplating buying another one in the near future.

Missed Mustang
By MissedMustang on 05/14/09 22:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car from the gamble that is a police auction. It was abused, torn up, and had 158k+ miles. It took very little TLC to get this car back and running, and it ran strong through 170k miles. The only serious problem I ran into was the engine module going out, but it was only a $150 fix. Other than that my mustang ran beautifully. It started well through the Minnesota Winter (I know, I know! My beater died out midway!) and handled relatively well in the snow for being a rear wheel drive car. Overall the car was a dream, and I would highly recommend that model to anyone who is looking into buying one.

No Problems with my soft top 5.0 Manual
By HJ1906 on 03/23/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This car has been a pleasure to own. I had an Acura before pruchasing my Ford, and I was a bit apprehensive about the reliability I would experience. It has been quite a pleasant surprise. I have owned it since it was 7 miles old and I have not had a problem that I did not cause. This car will haul and after owning it for 10 years, I took it to Germany and got to experience driving that I never thought I would get to, for many years. It held it's own with the BMWs, Mercedes, Porches and Ferreri's. I even took it out on the Hockenheim Race Ring and it was the best 20 euro I have ever spent. The hardest miles driven began at 110,000 for the 3 years there and have had no problems to this day.

My GT
By My GT on 10/24/06 22:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned 3 Mustangs in the past and this one is my favorite. The 5.0 is bullet-proof and with only Flowmasters and a K&N air filter, it rocks. What a beautiful sound the exhaust system gives. I love it. No problems at 123,000 miles. I keep up the oil and filter changes at 3000 miles and drive it maintenance free. It is a fun car. Take it from a 4 time BMW owner.

Old horse never dies
By Double D on 11/17/05 16:52 PM (PST)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought it new in 95. Drive it daily. What a great car. First warm day the top goes down. I never expected a Ford to be as reliable as this. 100k miles and no major problems. Maintain the engine and wash & polish. Car runs and looks new. Added a K&N open air filter and added 5 miles on the highway. Make sure you get Blizzaks for the winter.

The last of the 5.0
By Nosstang331 on 08/08/05 20:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I own a '95 GT Mustang. It is the 8th Mustang to sleep in the stable. After owning 6 foxes and a 4.6GT, this is with out a doubt my favorite of the bunch. It is extremely reliable, as all 5.0s have been for me. The interior is nice and comfortable. The car rides great and gets pretty good gas mileage. I usually get about 295 miles a tank with mine. And thatís with 3.73 gears. The only downfall I see with the mighty 5.0 is, in stock form, itís underpowered. Itís a good base to start with 225hp and there are plenty of aftermarket parts to make these cars scream. I have no complaints and highly recommend any one buy a 5.0.

Everything I Expected & More!
By Mustang_Baby on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Purchased car after kids went to college. Was one of the best things I did for myself. Absolutely love it! So fun to drive, except in winter. Need snows & 200# of sand but it still goes. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

Even after 10 years, Still a GREAT car!!
By JohneLayn on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I bought my Gt Conv brand new in 1994 and it has been my daily driver since. I have NEVER had any real problems with the car. It's fun to drive and it being the last year of the fabulous 5.0 engine, I'll never get rid of it. This is the best car I've ever owned. I will never buy another import. I've bought 4 other Fords since I got my 'stang and I've never had a bad one yet.

I love it
By mrbear329 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Nothing like putting the top down and going for hours. Mustangs - only sex is better.

1995 Mustang
By butchF on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Highway Miles between Douglasville Georgia, to Athens Georgia, to Birmingham, Alabama where I have now moved. I travel alot so the car stays parked in a Valet Parking, Covered Lot at the Atlanta Airport. This car will run with the Big dogs, last of the big engines. It will top out about 150 mph. Because of modifications, Struts, 18 " tires, high speed brakes, and 3000 mile service it's entire life, the Mustang is in excelent shape. Looks new.