Used 1995 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great Car!
By Melissa

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I owned this car. It was a great car. Fun to drive. Very little problems for as old as it is. I was involved in an accident however and the car is now totaled. I do miss it. Side impact, if anyone is wondering, this car is safer than you can imagine. Built very strong and very safe. I will miss the mustang and am contemplating buying another one in the near future.

convertible top, color, and stares on the road of coarse :)

lol better cup holders.

Missed Mustang
By MissedMustang

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car from the gamble that is a police auction. It was abused, torn up, and had 158k+ miles. It took very little TLC to get this car back and running, and it ran strong through 170k miles. The only serious problem I ran into was the engine module going out, but it was only a $150 fix. Other than that my mustang ran beautifully. It started well through the Minnesota Winter (I know, I know! My beater died out midway!) and handled relatively well in the snow for being a rear wheel drive car. Overall the car was a dream, and I would highly recommend that model to anyone who is looking into buying one.

5.0 V8, lots of power. Ford should have never stopped putting them in the GTs. Sleek convertible, nice seats.

Bigger back window for the convertible. Better sound system.

No Problems with my soft top 5.0 Manual
By HJ1906

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This car has been a pleasure to own. I had an Acura before pruchasing my Ford, and I was a bit apprehensive about the reliability I would experience. It has been quite a pleasant surprise. I have owned it since it was 7 miles old and I have not had a problem that I did not cause. This car will haul and after owning it for 10 years, I took it to Germany and got to experience driving that I never thought I would get to, for many years. It held it's own with the BMWs, Mercedes, Porches and Ferreri's. I even took it out on the Hockenheim Race Ring and it was the best 20 euro I have ever spent. The hardest miles driven began at 110,000 for the 3 years there and have had no problems to this day.

That growl that it produces. Reliability. For a V8, the milage is better than BMWs and Mercedes in it's engine class.

Interior space. If you are leggy, it can be a bit tight.

My GT
By My GT

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned 3 Mustangs in the past and this one is my favorite. The 5.0 is bullet-proof and with only Flowmasters and a K&N air filter, it rocks. What a beautiful sound the exhaust system gives. I love it. No problems at 123,000 miles. I keep up the oil and filter changes at 3000 miles and drive it maintenance free. It is a fun car. Take it from a 4 time BMW owner.

Power, lack of maintenance, fun to drive.

Give me a cup holder which is functional.

Old horse never dies
By Double D

1995 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought it new in 95. Drive it daily. What a great car. First warm day the top goes down. I never expected a Ford to be as reliable as this. 100k miles and no major problems. Maintain the engine and wash & polish. Car runs and looks new. Added a K&N open air filter and added 5 miles on the highway. Make sure you get Blizzaks for the winter.

Putting the top down and hitting the gas. Added Magnaflow cats and K&N. What a great sound when you hit it.

More power at the tires. Needs 3.73 gears. Shorter shifter would make things easier. More leg room.