Used 1995 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang Coupe (V-6)
By bobr349

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Car was purchased brand-new 17 years ago and was the first Ford product I had ever owned. Except for several build flaws from the factory, it has been trouble-free through 134,000 miles. It has been garaged the entire time and looks factory-new to this day. I do all the maintenance on the vehicle myself, including 3,000 oil/filter changes, tune-ups, tire rotations, and fluid changes. The A/C unit is powerful and efficient even in FL heat and humidity. The car gets exceptional mileage for a 150 HP engine (V-6 and auto. trans.) at Interstate speeds because of the car's high final drive ratio (about 1900 rpm's at 75 MPH), 30 mpg w/AC on and 32 with the system off. City mileage is only 15-20.

Favorite Features

The ride is taut, compliant, and comfortable with mild oversteer at highways speeds. The 4-wheel discs stop well (original brake pads still on the vehicle), the auto. trans. shifts smoothly, and interior noise levels are fairly quiet. The stock stereo is more than adequate; A/C, heat, and dehumidifying systems are powerful and have been trouble-free. Instrument cluster includes temp, fuel, volts, oil, speedo, tach and is clear and easy-to-read. Driver's view over the hood is excellent with power seat setting as high as possible. When in O/D, car tends to freewheel easily

Suggested Improvements

The stock seats in the V-6 coupe need better side and lumbar support and the head-rests do not extend upward sufficiently. Driver's fore-aft leg room is slightly tight for 6-footers and up. The infamously defective 3.8L head gaskets blew @ approx. 100,000 miles and had to be replaced at my expense (past factory warranty). There was a major flaw in the geometry of the right front suspension that had to be corrected. The rear OEM shock/spring rear set-up allowed the rear frame to contact its snubbers even with moderate loads onboard and had to be replaced. OEM underhood panel replaced at factory expense.

6 cylinder with 200,000+ miles
By 2 door 6-cylinder

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my mustang. I got it when I was 17 in exchange for my stratus. I had to learn to drive a manual, but it was well worth it! It had 200,000 miles on it, a new engine, new transmission, and new clutch. I thought I was set, but when you have a car with that many miles, lots of other things can go wrong, but not a lot of expensive things when considering the mileage. I'm sick of taking it into the shop every time I come home from college and not much room for people and luggage, so I'm considering getting rid of it. It's fun to drive, great looking, and pretty good to me. I don't think it would be possible to buy another car as good for just $1500. Such a hard decision.

Favorite Features

handling, low insurance for a sports car, interior color scheme, decent gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

not any I can think of now

Old Reliable
By vsanders

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have been beyond impressed with my 2 door V6 coupe. The odometer quit at 220k and I admit I am rougher on cars than I should be~but she just keeps going.The only problems I have had was the water pump went out,but I noticed the indicator leak and fixed it,the odometer and the driver's seat motor.This has been one of the best vehicles I have ever owned,and I only paid $1500!

Favorite Features

More get up and go than I expected,sleek.Dependability!

Suggested Improvements

I wish it looked a little meaner and a little less girly. The interior pieces, esp, the door panels are cheap and it shows.

1995 3.8L Fall Apart Mustang
By McMahon

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

First the paint went bad. Then the air conditioning went bad. Transmission went bad twice and needed replacement. Then the door locks and windows broke. Both windows stopped going up and down within a week’s time. It wasn't too bad on gas when it was running but overall it was a ford and had many problems. I almost forgot the speedometer was intermittent and the odometer stopped working. I would have been better off scraping it when the first transmission went bad.

Favorite Features

I loved the blue color (the paint on fords goes bad fast) and the 3.8 was easy on the gas.

Suggested Improvements

I don't have any other than I won't be buying another newer ford again.

Greatest car ever
By stangs4ever

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Was not a big fan of the Mustang until I test drove it, then I fell in love with it. Great ride, good power, decent mileage, and great styling in and out. I have driven lots of cars, but none have ever come close to the '95 stang. Sold it in '05 with 400,000kms and regret it every day

Favorite Features

Very comfortable. Could drive for hours and not need to stop and stretch

Suggested Improvements

Uping the horsepower a little more and adding a few more miles to the gallon would be nice, but not as bad on gas as most would assume