Used 1995 Ford Mustang Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang Sally!
By ilovecards

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I love my new pony!! Great car for a great price!! Sporty for less!

Body style, performance

Can't think of any!

First Mustang, last Ford?
By JC in PQ

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I've put money and time into things I just don't feel I should have. At 60k, head gaskets blew and destroyed the engine (3.8 litre). The window switch went out so that I can't use the single push feature and had to bypass that circuit for manual operation. Design flaws lead to broken turn signal wires. An AC line leak cost over $650. All this before even hitting 95k miles! I'm feeling very disappointed in Ford and in my Mustang.

I didn't start out looking for a convertable but it's fun to have and sometimes even practical. I like the sporty ride especially after putting larger, wider 17" wheels on. It has some get up and go but is out classed by newer cars now. It's a good looking car and gets noticed.

Come on, Ford and America. You've been making cars for 100 years. Why are the imports beating you in terms of quality and longevity? I was raised in a Ford house and most of my cars have been Fords. It may be time to go import. :-(

Plan on purchasing a new engine
By Tiff101

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

The only thing about this car is that it looks good. Other than that plan on replacing the heads or totally getting a new engine. I will never purchase a Ford again due to their lack of informing that my engine could have defects or them totally giving me the run around when I called to get my vechile fixed. I ended up replacing the engine myself because I was just a few miles over the recall amount. I have had both! It's not worth it in the long run, trust me don't let your heart buy your mind and wallet a nightmare.

Do you expect a company that hides information on the Ford Explorer to really be honest when it comes to building cars?!!!

3.8L Stangs -> 1995
By 3.8garth

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

Top of the line Fords appear to be a greater value. Plus get this last year for a proven 5.0L configuration in a Mustang - classic. My attempt to save money by purchasing a 'cost efficient' 1995 Ford Mustang with a 3.8L V6 and weaker 7.5" transmission was a huge and costly error. If you are still considering a low-end model at least research it from Edmunds, NHTSA, and Consumer Affairs before making a commitment.

SN95 convertible looks great.With added subframe connectors it is very rigid and rattle-free. Common parts and support. Supportive for a man or a woman owner. No interior leaks. Auto top operation in 15 secís. Large glass rear window. It fits a 6'6" driver and 6'0" passenger well.

Add extra wear reinforcement where conv brackets rub the convertible top - holed after 4+ years.