Used 1995 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Good overall value for 15 years of use
By 95horsefly

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I bought my 95 GT in 1998 for $15k with 17K miles on it. Regular maintenance at 3K miles with only mobil1 synthetic oil. It now has 127K miles and after 14 yrs it needed the auto trans rebuilt. Motors for both pwr windows and driver seat needed replacing along with odometer/speedometer gear. Otherwise gr8 car. No takeoff with stock 2.73 gears. Now have 3.55 its way better. Avg 20 miles per gallon normal driving. Love interior and the cloth seats are comfortable and durable. Still looks new. Backseats fold down allowing transport of long objects. I love this body style and the car is solid and quiet inside. I recommend buying a mustang for fun and reliability over long term ownership.

Favorite Features

Body style. Interior ergonomics. Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission that can handle the 5.0 HO motor.

My trusty steed
By 94grayghost

1995 Ford Mustang GTS 2dr Coupe

Before I had a 94 mustang v6, and for years it ran great with minimal problems. Got into a car accident with it, and the insurance company totaled it. I used the money I got from it to get my 1995 GTS which are not very common, and I think this is the best purchase I ever made. I bought it with 151,000 on the clock. Original engine and tranny. Previous owner took very good care of it. I replaced all the fluids, spark plugs, filters etc. Iv'e put 7000 miles on it since I bought it and it's still running like new. The clothe seats are super comfy, and its fairly quick for an old 5.0. So far its a great car and I plan on having it for a really long time as I did my old mustang.

Mustang Coupe (V-6)
By bobr349

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Car was purchased brand-new 17 years ago and was the first Ford product I had ever owned. Except for several build flaws from the factory, it has been trouble-free through 134,000 miles. It has been garaged the entire time and looks factory-new to this day. I do all the maintenance on the vehicle myself, including 3,000 oil/filter changes, tune-ups, tire rotations, and fluid changes. The A/C unit is powerful and efficient even in FL heat and humidity. The car gets exceptional mileage for a 150 HP engine (V-6 and auto. trans.) at Interstate speeds because of the car's high final drive ratio (about 1900 rpm's at 75 MPH), 30 mpg w/AC on and 32 with the system off. City mileage is only 15-20.

Favorite Features

The ride is taut, compliant, and comfortable with mild oversteer at highways speeds. The 4-wheel discs stop well (original brake pads still on the vehicle), the auto. trans. shifts smoothly, and interior noise levels are fairly quiet. The stock stereo is more than adequate; A/C, heat, and dehumidifying systems are powerful and have been trouble-free. Instrument cluster includes temp, fuel, volts, oil, speedo, tach and is clear and easy-to-read. Driver's view over the hood is excellent with power seat setting as high as possible. When in O/D, car tends to freewheel easily

Suggested Improvements

The stock seats in the V-6 coupe need better side and lumbar support and the head-rests do not extend upward sufficiently. Driver's fore-aft leg room is slightly tight for 6-footers and up. The infamously defective 3.8L head gaskets blew @ approx. 100,000 miles and had to be replaced at my expense (past factory warranty). There was a major flaw in the geometry of the right front suspension that had to be corrected. The rear OEM shock/spring rear set-up allowed the rear frame to contact its snubbers even with moderate loads onboard and had to be replaced. OEM underhood panel replaced at factory expense.

Amazing
By Brandon349

1995 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

i have owned a 99 mustang before this i got hit it was totaled so i bought the 95 5.0 and this is a beauty although id like it to have a little more horsepower than 215 i can't complain because just having the 5.0 makes a big difference than a 4.6 in it handles ok i would like to see it handle better but it's a great ride and i will always have it until the doors fall off then ill fix it and keep it rolling when i bought it it had 87k miles i've put a lot on since i had it now it has 112 which is still very low i did just have a major service done to it and it's in flawless condition its my baby and i absolutely love it

Favorite Features

i love everything about this car i even like the non flowmaster exhaust kit it comes with because all the exhaust kits now just make the car ridiculously loud which is cool but way overdoing it

Suggested Improvements

better handling little better fuel economy and MORE HORSEPOWER i will be upgrading mine though to add power right now its bone stock with bullit rims because we all know the stock rims are ugly.

6 cylinder with 200,000+ miles
By 2 door 6-cylinder

1995 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love my mustang. I got it when I was 17 in exchange for my stratus. I had to learn to drive a manual, but it was well worth it! It had 200,000 miles on it, a new engine, new transmission, and new clutch. I thought I was set, but when you have a car with that many miles, lots of other things can go wrong, but not a lot of expensive things when considering the mileage. I'm sick of taking it into the shop every time I come home from college and not much room for people and luggage, so I'm considering getting rid of it. It's fun to drive, great looking, and pretty good to me. I don't think it would be possible to buy another car as good for just $1500. Such a hard decision.

Favorite Features

handling, low insurance for a sports car, interior color scheme, decent gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

not any I can think of now