Used 1994 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

A Blast To Drive
By Woo Hoo

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My Aunt Gave Me This Car And I have Had Nothing But Fun In It, She Took The Best Car To It And Never Gave Her Any Problems, I Got It With almost 100,000 Miles On It. But The Clutch Has Never Been Replaced And It Still is Like new. 4 people have learned how to drive in it. i'm only 16 and its the best car i will ever have.

Favorite Features

The Stereo, The V6, And The 5 Speed

Suggested Improvements

None Really, Maybe More Opions, And Definitly A Higher Top Speed On the Speedometer, I've Been past As Far As it Goes.

Fun to drive/ expensive too!
By Jolonco

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought vehicle and for the first 12000 miles the only service the vehicle required was a clutch. A/C came at 105000 miles and head gasket came at 136000 miles. Now it needs a power steering rack and new catalytic converters.

Favorite Features

Seats. Stereo (mach 460 audio). Good gas mileage (30 MPG when engine runs well). Accessory abilities. You can take this car and do whatever you want to it.

Suggested Improvements

Ford really bombed on the 3.8 motor. This thing is a piece of junk. If you so much as think of overheating it the gaskets go. For me it was a 1200 dollar fix. Not so good there. Also the build quality wasn't the best. My OBD-II terminal was never completely wired.

not to bad
By bills

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 3 yrs ago with 172k on it. Now it has 230k and driven dayly. Does not burn a drop of oil. I did the standard 3.8L head gasket replacement (valve job) 20k ago and has been running great. The engine showed very little wear when opened up. I like the car.

Favorite Features

gas mileage , looks, suspension.

Stay away from this car!
By Finch31

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 99. A 2 dr Coupe, 3.8 V6. It has been a total nightmare experience. I bought it from a gal, that had previously bought it from a good friend. I had to get a rebuilt transmission after I hit 79,000 miles, then it was a water pump, then 2 thermostats and then at 99,595 it blew a head gasket going down the highway. I put a rebuilt enigne in it and soon had to replace the theromstat again. This car has cost me a fortune and thank god for the other day I ran into a deer which did some minor damage, but deployed the airbags and they totaled it out.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Engine, head gasket, cooling of the engine-runs to hot on the 3.8L

Excelle for a car that's 9 years old!!!!
By MeteoraX25

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have just purchased a used 1994 Ford STD Mustang Coupe. And man I'll tell you it is a great car! I did own a 1993 Hyundai Sonata prior to this vehicle. I have had the best time of my driving life in this car, I am only 18. All of my friends want rides in it, its red so I'm constantly warned about Cops by my friends and family. It has over 80,000 miles on it and runs like it is new. The seats in the car are the most comfortable ever. Great speed and good pickup, I'll keep this car in top shape and hopefully one day be able to sell it for more than I bought it for.

Favorite Features

SEATS!!! The most comfortable ever, Speakers are excellent if you don't want to invest in Subs, speakers provide good amounts of bass alone. Easy to drive and a real head turner (I've had people in other Stangs want to race me)

Suggested Improvements

Make radio reception, when an after market stereo is installed, better. Did not have reception problem with factory reciever.