Used 1994 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

the true american dream.
By WV94gtKJL

1994 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

i have owned my 1994 mustang gt for close to 4 years.it has 200,000 miles on it now and counting on original motor{although oil changes are religious}. it has jegs headers,offroad h pipe,flowmaters,under drive pulleys,bigger injectors,luke pro gold racing clutch,3.73 gears,rebuilt world class t-5 transmission,bbk cold air intake,msd distributor and coil,a jet module and no smog pump! the car runs excellent.i have only had to replace the tranmission{my fault} and the a/c pump.i run the hell out of my car and street race it and it takes it in stride.its very reliable and also use to drive me to work 1 hour each way.starts in -4 degree weather. doesnt over heat.wont blow up!

Favorite Features

i bought it for 4 grand ive put 2 in it and out runs things three times as fast and twice as new.still gets looks with my cobra r rims and exhaust. 700$=150 shot of nitrous which lets me out run corvettes and 350z's WITHOUT a car payment.and even at 200k it will take the juice--its not unherd of!

Suggested Improvements

bone stock they are fun but not fast.but are kings of cheap speed along with 87-93 gts.fuel economy isnt too good either.its hard to buy one that hasnt been abused-but thats what makes them soo tough.

Great car!
By Rice_slayer

1994 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Bought my Canary yellow 1994 Mustang GT 5 speed from my brother in 2007 and have loved owning it. Not the fastest stock, but throwing in say 3.73s made a huge difference. The car has never given me an issue besides a dead starter in the past 2 years. I love driving the car, it is a blast and very comfy ride. That being said, Some interior parts seem very useless(ash tray). Overall, I am very happy with my purchase and would never give it up unless it was for a better Stang

Favorite Features

5.0L power, nice interior design, smooth body lines, exhaust note, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Better factory gearing, better economy, but it is a V8, getting 19mpg in the city is good enough!

Always a blast
By mystangsally

1994 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Every car I drove before this one was a GM product, and I knew something was missing. Then, one day my little brother show her to me. Since October of 2003 I have been a proud owner of my Stang. Bone stock when I bought it, but since then have put in a Tremec Trans. BBK tuned headers. flowaster exhuast from headers back. BBK air intake and 430 gears. Still my daily driver, and it's the greatest car I've ever owned. Only problems ever was the trans. (my arrogance), tie rod end, and radiator. There was a recall on the emergency brake kit, but not a big deal.

Favorite Features

Body style, and the 5.0 engine

Suggested Improvements

Headlights for GT and V6 models so difficult to see with after a certain time. It would have been nice to have different hoods for the GTs. Easier to tell them apart from the V6s. Other than the fender badges and foglights.

Vrooom
By Cowboy Ed

1994 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love the car. Turns heads at stop lights, the mall and grocery stores. I have 200,000 miles original engine. Replaced cluth and turn signals work sometimes. A/C went out at 110,000 miles. Fun to drive. Terrible in rain and snow. Fish tailing is too common.

Favorite Features

The body styling is cool and the V8 5.0 engine is the best.

Suggested Improvements

Better sound system. Gas mileage.

True American Muscle
By Bullit

1994 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Purchased from original owner who took very good care of it. Live in S. Florida and dash isnt even cracked! Due to gas cost I use it mainly for weekend toy. This is my 4th 'stang and by far my favorite! Could use some interior design changes, but performs very well, and plenty of power just the way it is. Only change has been the flowmaster exhaust I had installed. I wouldnt sell it for nothing. I plan to carefully maintain and keep for long time! My son is 13, and hopefully get to enjoy driving it also! Gets lots of compliments!

Favorite Features

Performance on demand, and handling ability.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design could be changed, but wouldn't change much else.