Used 1994 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

question
By dinkydiana

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have the opportunity to buy a 94 stang for 1400 with 130000is this a smart idea for me to do? it works great, the person bought a new stang so is why offering this one. one owner. it is red with the racing stripes and a spoiler

240k On Original Engine!
By 240kmilesbaby

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Here it goes, bought it with 110k miles and had a lot of fun in college (don't buy a red one and expect not to get tickets!!) At 170 around I replaced the clutch after driving it in 2nd and 4th for a while. Then the power steering blew up one day and that cost another $700 to replace. Other than those at 220k miles the computer malfunctioned and although the shop quoted me $800, I got a refurbished computer for $100 at kragens and did the work for less than $200. That engine had the oil changed every 3k miles on the dot! but i really neglected it after about 190k. I sold it at 240k and it's still on the road, original engine!

Favorite Features

Rear disc brakes! 3rd gear got up to 75mph, could run it on regular petrol, great handling at high speed

Suggested Improvements

Power doors and windows went eventually out. The interior like vents and cupholder broke easy, hard to reach spark plugs.

An Overall Good Car
By Mackdaddy_j

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had very good luck with mine with the exception of the head gasket. Car gets very good gas mileage for a V6, although it is not very powerful in return.

Favorite Features

Looks, gas mileage (30 on the highway), has been very reliable (193,000 miles and still going).

Suggested Improvements

Trunk is very small, but that's not the point of having a Mustang, head gasket (mine was replaced under recall at 80,000 miles), power window motors have died.

Beautiful but a pain in the butt.
By PinkLady

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I was so excited when I found my dream car in my favorite color (I have the rare Iris anniversary color..a pink/purple) but the car has been nothing but a nightmare. At 116k my head gaskets blew. Other replacements: power steering pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, entire exhaust system, wires controling the head lights, and more. I love this car, it's fun to drive, but now that it's finally running great I'm going to get rid of it before something else goes wrong.

Favorite Features

The color, style, handling, pick up

Suggested Improvements

Head gaskets with the same metal as the other parts it works with... then they wouldn't blow.

Wow
By JD42

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Like most have already wrote this car has been a hastle, it has been lots of cash in keeping it running. Just about the time you begin to trust it something goes out again. I love it so much and it looks darn good but unreliable.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Head gaskets twice, oil pan, clutch, starter motor, wheel bearing, need I say more.