Used 1994 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun to drive
By peggy

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned and driven my car since day one when she came off the truck. She only has 70000 miles on her. It is only driven in the nice weather because our Indiana winters can be harsh on the car because of the salt and also the bigger tires on the vehicle. We took it to the 45th anniversary in Birmingham and she performed very well on the track and proved that she could give the more powerful Mustangs a run for the money. It was not a timed thing but just a chance to be on a spectacular road course. It has been a fun car to drive for 15years and still looks excellent inside and out. No she is not for sale.

Favorite Features

I like the 5speed manual transmission and the comfortable leather seats. It could use a better cup holder that didn't leak all over the console.

Suggested Improvements

A little more horsepower.

Slow and fun
By Driver

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought this car used at 10 years old. Still looked good for its age. The car road bad, but later fixed this (new springs, shocks/struts). Parts are cheap and it can be made to go fast cheap. Car had zero rattles until I drove around with no exhaust for a while. Gas mileage stunk big time.

Favorite Features

Cheap to fix, build and work on. The car looks good for its age. Can't beat the mustang sound.

Suggested Improvements

Better engine. Something that has more power and gets better gas mileage (ls1 type engine). This is way too late, but I made suggestions.

230,000 Original motor & Counting
By The Professor

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have owned my GT since 1997 arguably the most reliable American made car I have ever owned and that Ford has deisgned and manufactured. I have replace clutch and pressure plate and brakes. regular oil changes and I bought it with 15,000 miles on the odometer it now has 230,000 and counting never replaced engine;it still turns head and can still giddyup!

Favorite Features

The engine's low baritone throttle is the best and is dependable. Inexpensive repairs. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system is not as nice as lexus or nissan bose. Terrible in snow and rain due to rear wheel drive traction.

If you find a nice one, snag it
By Vinnie

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This would be my second mustang. My first car was a 93 celica which was ok but proof that japanese cars are no better than american ones with the 3rd engine that had pinging, leaking head gasket, plenty of burned oil, and more at 75,000 ish miles with the 1.8 corolla engine which is supposedly a reliable engine. The next one was a 97 Mustang V6 with the t-5 5 speed manual trans. The only work I had to do was I had to change the window actuator and that was about it. I sold it when I found oil in the coolant(the dreaded head gasket) at 147,000 miles and said bye to it. Now I have a 94 GT with a performance intake manifold, intake, exhaust, underdrive pulleys, and plenty more and its FUN&fast!

Favorite Features

Reliability, (with mods) fast (but eats tires) but dugh!, easy to work on, cheap parts, looks so much nicer than the fox body(1993 to sometime in early 80s), simple interior, mach 460 sound is awesome for stock sound, handling.

Suggested Improvements

somehow a better design for cup holders (taken care of on the 2005 and newer models), seats for people who are taller than 6' are not comfortable, heavy clutch pedal(still uses cable on the t-5), only 215 hp stock (my friends 01 3.5 liter V6 Chrysler 300m has over 250hp stock)

Even 15 Years later a GREAT Car
By GeeTee

1994 Ford Mustang Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

Bought a 94 GT with the 5.0 V8 and AODE Tranny with 28k Miles on the clock, now not even 1 year later i have little more than 40k miles on the clock, because its a blast to drive. Powerfull even with the 2.73 Gears, could be quicker on the line but its because of the LOOONG gears, swap with 3.73s or 4.10s and you think you add a power adder ;)

Favorite Features

The Legandary 5.0 V8, The HOT Vibrant Red (rare), Mach sound system ( LOVE IT )

Suggested Improvements

Definately Gears, the stock 2.73 Gear gives away much potential of this car, 3.73s or even 4.10 WILL !! make a difference in performance.