Used 1994 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Mustang Convertible

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

One tough little car
By James Patterson

1994 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

All I can say is wow. Car was bought as a wreck from an insurance company. Had some panel damage but the airbags originally killed the car. Fixed it up and got it back on the road. It has been in 6 wrecks since then and been rebuilt every time at a fairly cheap cost. The thing won't stop kicking. Car is fun to drive. The rack-and-pinion steering in this car means you are directly connected to the road, no power steering in your way. Just you and the road. The car has plenty of zip. When the car shifts above 50, you will find yourself trying to slow the thing down, it wants to go fast. The heater in the car is powerful, it will heat the car fast. The a/c is like a normal car. Great car in all.

Favorite Features

lots of zip great heater lots of durability, survived 6 wrecks in its whole life that required panel replacement. rack-and-pinion steering, direct control

Suggested Improvements

raising the car might help, we scrape all the time on the hills in Athens Ohio but these are also wreck related problems so nothing to report bad here.

94 Mustang GT Conv.
By 94 Mustang Gt Conv.

1994 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Awesome car! Definitely the funnest car I've ever owned. It'll put you sideways before you can blink. To some people that sounds horrible, but for those who like speed it sounds great. I've found that parts are somewhat more expensive than they should be, I think it's because alot of people own Mustangs so the prices are jacked up.

Favorite Features

The engine. It's so cool when your working on your car and people drive by and almost everytime stop and say, "A 5.0? In that!?" The sound. The new Mustangs sound good, but there is something about the old 5.0 sound that's just so much better.

Suggested Improvements

Hard to work on, everything is jam packed under the hood and under the car. If you want to replace anything like the O2 sensors or starter you have to take the cross member off of the car. Also, move the existing cup holder and add another. If you have legs you're not siiting in the back seat.

Love my '94 GT
By Chili Doc

1994 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought this car new and it served 7 years as our only car. We carried dogs, lumber and christmas trees in her. I added underdrive pulleys and a K&N FIPK. She gave me almost 30 mpg on the highway (at legal speeds at least). Now she is a toy with subframe connectors, new MAC exhaust from the motor back including the powerchamber, 3.73 rear gear, more racey seats. The Dyno run gave us 285hp (215 from the factory) with 117,000 on the odometer. I love this car and will keep it until I pass it on to my son. Glad I didn't buy the Camaro that we looked at! Going to have Carrol Shelby sign the glove box cover this fall!

Favorite Features

Good exterior design. Totally reliable. Drivable in all weather, great dry convertible top and with posi-track and some skills it's easy to drive in the winter when equipped with the proper winter tires. And I love the smell of tires roasting when I drop the hammer.

Suggested Improvements

Fog lights were pretty crappy from the factory.

Summer car
By ftec

1994 Ford Mustang Convertible 2dr Convertible

Having 3 different Mustang types I find the 94 convertible GT a real nice ride. Tight road handle solid off the line. Need to make a few mods to get some more performance without breaking the bank. No rattles and engine runs strong. Cupholder is in a bad spot.

Favorite Features

Comfortable to ride in. Great handling. Low cost to buy and keep going. Lots of aftermarket parts.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes and rotors. Stereo system. Wind stop.

GT Baby
By Dianne

1994 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This is a fun car to drive and definitely a head-turner. You can feel the power of this baby the minute you hit the accelerator. Once you're on the road you really don't want to stop driving!

Favorite Features

I like the roll-bar feature on mine. The car really stands out.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage around town stinks. But it is still worth it.