1994 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
question
By dinkydiana on 01/28/11 11:15 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have the opportunity to buy a 94 stang for 1400 with 130000is this a smart idea for me to do? it works great, the person bought a new stang so is why offering this one. one owner. it is red with the racing stripes and a spoiler

240k On Original Engine!
By 240kmilesbaby on 12/08/08 12:11 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Here it goes, bought it with 110k miles and had a lot of fun in college (don't buy a red one and expect not to get tickets!!) At 170 around I replaced the clutch after driving it in 2nd and 4th for a while. Then the power steering blew up one day and that cost another $700 to replace. Other than those at 220k miles the computer malfunctioned and although the shop quoted me $800, I got a refurbished computer for $100 at kragens and did the work for less than $200. That engine had the oil changed every 3k miles on the dot! but i really neglected it after about 190k. I sold it at 240k and it's still on the road, original engine!

An Overall Good Car
By Mackdaddy_j on 08/20/05 09:59 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have had very good luck with mine with the exception of the head gasket. Car gets very good gas mileage for a V6, although it is not very powerful in return.

Beautiful but a pain in the butt.
By PinkLady on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I was so excited when I found my dream car in my favorite color (I have the rare Iris anniversary color..a pink/purple) but the car has been nothing but a nightmare. At 116k my head gaskets blew. Other replacements: power steering pump, thermostat, thermostat housing, entire exhaust system, wires controling the head lights, and more. I love this car, it's fun to drive, but now that it's finally running great I'm going to get rid of it before something else goes wrong.

Wow
By JD42 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Like most have already wrote this car has been a hastle, it has been lots of cash in keeping it running. Just about the time you begin to trust it something goes out again. I love it so much and it looks darn good but unreliable.

A Blast To Drive
By Woo Hoo on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

My Aunt Gave Me This Car And I have Had Nothing But Fun In It, She Took The Best Car To It And Never Gave Her Any Problems, I Got It With almost 100,000 Miles On It. But The Clutch Has Never Been Replaced And It Still is Like new. 4 people have learned how to drive in it. i'm only 16 and its the best car i will ever have.

Fun to drive/ expensive too!
By Jolonco on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

Bought vehicle and for the first 12000 miles the only service the vehicle required was a clutch. A/C came at 105000 miles and head gasket came at 136000 miles. Now it needs a power steering rack and new catalytic converters.

not to bad
By bills on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car 3 yrs ago with 172k on it. Now it has 230k and driven dayly. Does not burn a drop of oil. I did the standard 3.8L head gasket replacement (valve job) 20k ago and has been running great. The engine showed very little wear when opened up. I like the car.

Stay away from this car!
By Finch31 on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 99. A 2 dr Coupe, 3.8 V6. It has been a total nightmare experience. I bought it from a gal, that had previously bought it from a good friend. I had to get a rebuilt transmission after I hit 79,000 miles, then it was a water pump, then 2 thermostats and then at 99,595 it blew a head gasket going down the highway. I put a rebuilt enigne in it and soon had to replace the theromstat again. This car has cost me a fortune and thank god for the other day I ran into a deer which did some minor damage, but deployed the airbags and they totaled it out.

Excelle for a car that's 9 years old!!!!
By MeteoraX25 on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have just purchased a used 1994 Ford STD Mustang Coupe. And man I'll tell you it is a great car! I did own a 1993 Hyundai Sonata prior to this vehicle. I have had the best time of my driving life in this car, I am only 18. All of my friends want rides in it, its red so I'm constantly warned about Cops by my friends and family. It has over 80,000 miles on it and runs like it is new. The seats in the car are the most comfortable ever. Great speed and good pickup, I'll keep this car in top shape and hopefully one day be able to sell it for more than I bought it for.