1993 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Go Fast Cheap

1993 Ford Mustang Hatchback - Consumer Review

Go Fast Cheap
By FlaPony on

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I drove my LX off the showroom floor 5/20/93 and have loved it from day one. 13 years and 87,000 miles later, still going strong. I've only had minor mechanical problems (new radiator, clutch, window motor). Acceleration is very good due to a ton of torque. Handling is a little better than average. Interior is good (NO cupholders?). Basically a fun car to drive cheaply. The only modifications I've done is a Ram-Air Hood and a Ram-Air Kit with a K&N air filter. I got the thumbs up from someone on the street today and people still walk up to me and ask if I'd be willing to sell it. NOT ON YOUR LIFE! I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.

Engine easily modified. Exhaust grumble. Classic looks (2 doors, long hood, hatchback with a wing).

Cupholders, but I usually wedge a soda between the emergency brake handle and the passenger seat. Handling could be a little better, but there are tons of aftermarket add-ons you can buy to fix that.