1993 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Stuck in the middle.

1993 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback (5.0L V8 5-speed Manual)

Stuck in the middle.
By davey_t16 on

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

Got this as my first hot rod at 17 after having two trucks and a jeep... Convertible model, was great but had some problems with the weak roof motor. Car had good take off and the 5.0 was impressive but the top end could have been better. Transmission shifted hard but held up til I hit 180k. Handled decent, gas mileage about run of the mill for the type of car. The car was babied but after I hit 80k I had some serious problems. The transmissions in these things are not built tough; car has some wiring and temp control issues. Engine seemed like it was made a lil cheap for standards. Fun cruiser though, sharp looking ride; my favorite of the pony bodies.

Exterior is gorgeous; even stock. Handling was decent. Interior has nice design.

For tall peeps like me, the front seats could have been given more room; as the back. Very tiny car. Reliability. Cup holders; hello? Transmission was horrible.