1993 Ford Mustang Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
A weak pony, but a pony nontheless!
By dburkland1028 on 04/22/11 22:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from it's original owner for $1200 with only 98k miles on it. It was my first car and at 15, I was in love at first site. Mine was the 4 cylinder with the automatic and it was the most reliable car I've owned yet, even beating out my 91 Accord (chalk one up for America!). I was proud of my Stang and babied it. I kept up with it and made sure it was maintained. The paint never chipped or faded and the styling is classic and unique. The 4 cylinder was fairly weak, but got about 30 mpg highway and 26 in the city. My biggest complaint was the lack of a single cup holder in the entire car! What was Ford thinking?

Fox on the Run
By reefblue on 07/02/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car in 97 in stock/unmolested condition. When I bought the car I intended to leave it stock, but like so many others, that approach didn't last long. Started with aftermarket exhaust, gears, pulleys, and progressively replaced the intake, cam, heads, and then a supercharger. Despite being heavily modified, the car has been quite reliable and beau coup fun. I left the exterior stock [ extreme sleeper ] and the car came fully loaded, save cd player. The color is reef blue, a one time hue that is beautiful. The car has become automotive history and is criminally fast.

My Review
By Fadedgirl on 03/26/10 18:37 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I got this car for my 16th birthday! It is the most amazing car ever! But the gas mileage is poor. And the transmission had to be rebuilt! But overall. I love my car. P. S. I get a lot of head turning driving down the street!

Four Cyllinder
By Four Cyllinder on 09/15/07 22:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new car. like a fool I chose automatic. With a 2.3 liter four cyllinder automatic and 3.73 axle it took 13 seconds to reach 60 MPH. The bright red paint faded after, only, three months and the, standard, sunroof starting leaking after two years. Since I had 100000 miles on it in two years it was not covered under warranty. Other than that, I did 200000 miles in five years, doing nothing, more, to the engine and transmission than changing the oil. Although the engine was mint the buyer bought it for a body for his 5.0 engine. There has, not, been a single time I've added oil to it, once again, 200000 miles.

It keeps going and going...
By OwlMarie on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

After being the sole owner for 11 years and 132K all I have to say is that it has been a very dependable vehicle. Easy to work engine, it only has had wear and tear replacements (batteries, shocks, etc.) My car did not come with any power windows or locks but probably because they're not electrical they are still working. With proper maintenace and scheduled fluid replacements this vehicle just keeps going and going...