Used 1993 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Helpful|
My little Mustang
By ugadawgfan

1993 Ford Mustang Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I love my 4 cylinder Mustang. Never thought I would say it. After years of payments and outrageous gas mileage from my trucks, I sold my Silverado and bought my cousin's 93 Mustang. Has been a great car. Very economical and reliable. Even fun to drive. Just wish the ride wasn't so rough....even after replacing the shocks and struts.

Favorite Features

Great mileage. Just keeps going and going and going.......

Suggested Improvements

Harsh ride is terrible. A ride on a rough Interstate could cause a pregnant woman to give birth!

My first car
By shay

1993 Ford Mustang Coupe LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and I enjoy it, the power and torque of the car is amazing for it's size, and the car is amazingly light for the power. The top is a joy in the summertime.

Favorite Features

The music of the engine or sound of gearbox, and the feature of the convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

More room, more safety features, and less sound from the convertible top during driving.

2 Door LX 5.0 Coupe
By Daniel

1993 Ford Mustang Coupe LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

I bought this car brand new in 93. It has excellent performance(as you know), gets great gas mileage for its class, and is very dependable. I have 119000 miles with only normal tune-ups done and it will still run low 12's in the quarter mile. I know people that have over 300,000 miles with no major problems. These cars are great.

Favorite Features

The looks, the performance, and it's fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Some interior conveniences and comfort.

awesome!
By clint

1993 Ford Mustang Coupe LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car in 1996 and used as daily driver for 4 years. Demoted to second car and added some performance goodies; mileage went from 19 to 24 and 0-60 went from high 6 seconds to mid 5 seconds (when I can get traction). Keep in mind that those figures are with 150,000+ miles on the car, and not a bit of trouble other than normal maintenance. Not a machine for the timid or new driver, and not the fastest thing on the road, but if youíre looking for a cheap way to add some fun to your daily commute, a 5.0 Mustang is a great place to start. They are fun stock, and really come to life with a little extra attention on a weekend or two.

Favorite Features

V-8 rumble in the exhaust, rear wheel drive (like the old days of hotrodding!) 5 speed, and corners like it's on rails. Still has creature comforts like power windows, power seat, a/c and cruise. All for less than $5000 in excellent shape! Letís see any new car match the performance for the price!

Suggested Improvements

Underdrive pulleys, 2 1/2 inch exhaust. If youíre really feeling brave, and have the mechanical aptitude, add some roller rockers, a set of high flow injectors, and a high flow fuel pump. Differential gear change from stock 2.79 or 3.08, to 3.23 or 3.55 will feel like you've added 100 horsepower.