Used 1993 Ford Mustang LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Most Helpful|
my '93 mustang 4 banger
By foxman11

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car and it ran great for about twenty thousand miles. Then all hell broke loose. The transmission went out. Window motors are fryed. Water pump went out. Exhaust snapped in half.Timing belt. Wires. Everything that can go wrong has. The only good thing on this car is the weak engine. It has had very few problems.

Favorite Features

Very good handling. Looks like a 5.0. Have gotten it over 120 M.P.H.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower. More comfortable seats. CUPHOLDERS. Better gas mileage.Make it lighter. More bottom end torque. Very sluggish off the line.

I love my Mustang
By Jeanne

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Convertible

The car I always dreamed of owning. It turned heads the whole time I've owned it. Still getting compliments after all these years. Sad to part with it.

Favorite Features

Love the breeze through my hair. Love the style. Love the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

The mirror adjustment switch needs to be moved. Otherwise it is perfect.

It is my BABY
By PonyBabe93

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Convertible

Since it has been taken good care of, this is an excellent car, especially for a teenager like myself. No macho v8 gas-guzzling speeding ticket-causing engine, but it's still stylin'. This car turns heads like crazy, and is hella fun to drive. The wiring could have been designed a little better, my automatic windows, locks, and brakelights are crapping out on me. Just the minor stuff needs attention. The acceleration SUCKS, but it's pretty okay for a four-banger. Excellent car for cruisin' for chicks/dudes whatever. I LOVE MY BABY

Favorite Features

Beatiful design, Love the sun on my face and the wind blowing all my homework away. Love the attention the car gets (except for all those people who want to STEAL it!)

Suggested Improvements

Someone forgot the cupholders. Where, oh WHERE is the highbeam switch??? Why, oh WHY does this car slurp gas like it does? Why is the car so HEAVY? The thing is TANK... 'Stangs are supposed to be lightweight and fast... not fat and lazy... Ponycar needs more horsepower!

One size fits all
By MustangSally

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Convertible

Well I got the car for my 16th birthday and it has lasted me through both high school and college and has needed very little maintenance. I think that my car is very dependable and the gas mileage is pretty good!

Favorite Features

The first thing anyone says when they sit down in my car is that the seats are incredibly comfy :) Have gotten over 110,000 miles and still running great!

Suggested Improvements

The seats do not adjust so it's a one size fits all car. There are no cup holders and the trunk is smaller than an airplane carry on bag. The acceleration sucks! Only kids can fit in the back seat.