Used 1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Stuck in the middle.
By davey_t16

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

Got this as my first hot rod at 17 after having two trucks and a jeep... Convertible model, was great but had some problems with the weak roof motor. Car had good take off and the 5.0 was impressive but the top end could have been better. Transmission shifted hard but held up til I hit 180k. Handled decent, gas mileage about run of the mill for the type of car. The car was babied but after I hit 80k I had some serious problems. The transmissions in these things are not built tough; car has some wiring and temp control issues. Engine seemed like it was made a lil cheap for standards. Fun cruiser though, sharp looking ride; my favorite of the pony bodies.

Exterior is gorgeous; even stock. Handling was decent. Interior has nice design.

For tall peeps like me, the front seats could have been given more room; as the back. Very tiny car. Reliability. Cup holders; hello? Transmission was horrible.

By Bryce elmore

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I had gotten this car a little more then a year ago. This is my second car that i have owned. The first car that i owned does not even compare to the Mustang. The Mustang has twice the power and handling that my other car did. I fell in love with this car. The unique outside looks are amazing and all of the other features make it just an unbelieveable car!

Improve horsepower and the take off. As well as a cold air intake.

Go Fast Cheap
By FlaPony

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I drove my LX off the showroom floor 5/20/93 and have loved it from day one. 13 years and 87,000 miles later, still going strong. I've only had minor mechanical problems (new radiator, clutch, window motor). Acceleration is very good due to a ton of torque. Handling is a little better than average. Interior is good (NO cupholders?). Basically a fun car to drive cheaply. The only modifications I've done is a Ram-Air Hood and a Ram-Air Kit with a K&N air filter. I got the thumbs up from someone on the street today and people still walk up to me and ask if I'd be willing to sell it. NOT ON YOUR LIFE! I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.

Engine easily modified. Exhaust grumble. Classic looks (2 doors, long hood, hatchback with a wing).

Cupholders, but I usually wedge a soda between the emergency brake handle and the passenger seat. Handling could be a little better, but there are tons of aftermarket add-ons you can buy to fix that.