1993 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Stuck in the middle.
By davey_t16 on 10/29/11 05:27 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

Got this as my first hot rod at 17 after having two trucks and a jeep... Convertible model, was great but had some problems with the weak roof motor. Car had good take off and the 5.0 was impressive but the top end could have been better. Transmission shifted hard but held up til I hit 180k. Handled decent, gas mileage about run of the mill for the type of car. The car was babied but after I hit 80k I had some serious problems. The transmissions in these things are not built tough; car has some wiring and temp control issues. Engine seemed like it was made a lil cheap for standards. Fun cruiser though, sharp looking ride; my favorite of the pony bodies.

A weak pony, but a pony nontheless!
By dburkland1028 on 04/22/11 22:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from it's original owner for $1200 with only 98k miles on it. It was my first car and at 15, I was in love at first site. Mine was the 4 cylinder with the automatic and it was the most reliable car I've owned yet, even beating out my 91 Accord (chalk one up for America!). I was proud of my Stang and babied it. I kept up with it and made sure it was maintained. The paint never chipped or faded and the styling is classic and unique. The 4 cylinder was fairly weak, but got about 30 mpg highway and 26 in the city. My biggest complaint was the lack of a single cup holder in the entire car! What was Ford thinking?

Fox on the Run
By reefblue on 07/02/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought the car in 97 in stock/unmolested condition. When I bought the car I intended to leave it stock, but like so many others, that approach didn't last long. Started with aftermarket exhaust, gears, pulleys, and progressively replaced the intake, cam, heads, and then a supercharger. Despite being heavily modified, the car has been quite reliable and beau coup fun. I left the exterior stock [ extreme sleeper ] and the car came fully loaded, save cd player. The color is reef blue, a one time hue that is beautiful. The car has become automotive history and is criminally fast.

My Review
By Fadedgirl on 03/26/10 18:37 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Hatchback

I got this car for my 16th birthday! It is the most amazing car ever! But the gas mileage is poor. And the transmission had to be rebuilt! But overall. I love my car. P. S. I get a lot of head turning driving down the street!

Four Cyllinder
By Four Cyllinder on 09/15/07 22:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first new car. like a fool I chose automatic. With a 2.3 liter four cyllinder automatic and 3.73 axle it took 13 seconds to reach 60 MPH. The bright red paint faded after, only, three months and the, standard, sunroof starting leaking after two years. Since I had 100000 miles on it in two years it was not covered under warranty. Other than that, I did 200000 miles in five years, doing nothing, more, to the engine and transmission than changing the oil. Although the engine was mint the buyer bought it for a body for his 5.0 engine. There has, not, been a single time I've added oil to it, once again, 200000 miles.

By Bryce elmore on 07/16/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I had gotten this car a little more then a year ago. This is my second car that i have owned. The first car that i owned does not even compare to the Mustang. The Mustang has twice the power and handling that my other car did. I fell in love with this car. The unique outside looks are amazing and all of the other features make it just an unbelieveable car!

Ford Mustang LX Conv 5.0L
By JD on 05/04/07 21:06 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

This has been an absolutely great car. I am the original owner. I am ready for a new car but am having trouble giving this one up! If only Ford could resurrect the H.O. 5.0 in this format again!

Favorite Fox!
By 93fastfox on 10/24/06 21:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

Fell in love in with my best friend's Mustang GT in 1989 and told myself I would get a "fox" at some point in my life. Bought my '93 GT last year with 125k miles on it and couldn't be happier. Engine still pulls strong and interior is in great shape (surprising for a Ford). Car sounds and looks great and still attracts attention from people driving cars worth 10 times as much. Constantly getting offers to sell but this GT will be in my garage as long as I can drive.

This is it!
By Whattup on 07/20/06 09:43 AM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

To me this really is the best of the Mustang designs (Fox). This my 3rd mustang. Had an 86 V6 convertible, 88 GT Hardtop - but too many tickets forced me to get a T-Bird. Found this 93 on a car lot late one night and bought it the next morning. This car turns heads like no tomorrow - it is teal, replaced the white top with a black top, switched out the headlights, tail lights, and exhaust. Also switched out the alloy pony wheels with chrome. Am always getting offers to sell and folks not believing it is 13 years old. This car is awesome, fast, and I will have it forever!

Go Fast Cheap
By FlaPony on 06/21/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I drove my LX off the showroom floor 5/20/93 and have loved it from day one. 13 years and 87,000 miles later, still going strong. I've only had minor mechanical problems (new radiator, clutch, window motor). Acceleration is very good due to a ton of torque. Handling is a little better than average. Interior is good (NO cupholders?). Basically a fun car to drive cheaply. The only modifications I've done is a Ram-Air Hood and a Ram-Air Kit with a K&N air filter. I got the thumbs up from someone on the street today and people still walk up to me and ask if I'd be willing to sell it. NOT ON YOUR LIFE! I'll drive it till the wheels fall off.