1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
lov my fox
By luis on 11/16/09 23:01 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

ive had my mustang for 3 years and so far its the best car ive ever had..not to metion i yust 2 have a 99 z28 my father owns a 96 corvette and we also have a 73 chevelle laguna and out of all those i prefer my fox even after all the abuse that engine takes form my heavy foot it yust wont give out day after day winter after winter its always started every single time i mean seriously lol

Good car
By Jacob on 04/16/08 12:22 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Very nice car. Gets up and goes. Never stranded me and runs like new still. Very fun car to drive.

Modded '92 GT hatch
By Mike M on 11/03/06 19:16 PM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the best and nicest car I've owned to date. Sure, it has a few upgrades, but that's also what makes this car amazing. It has an incredibly large aftermarket that supplies Mustang enthusiasts with high quality yet affordable parts. My GT came with: Cobra intake manifold/Cobra 65mm throttle body, headers, catted h pipe, catback, lowered, welded subframe connectors, upper/lower HD rear control arms, Tokiko shocks, short throw shifter, HD clutch, 3.55 gears, MSD 6A ignition, more. These mods made it handle like it's on rails, and beat EVOs and SRT-4s whenever I feel like it.

Great Car
By Fabrizio on 06/27/05 21:56 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought this '92 LX 5.0 in November. This car has been rock solid. Everyone notices a nice body. The T5 is a good tranny but I would recommend a Tremec for any hard drivers. The 5.0 will throw you back into your seat. With a 2.73 rear end I manage to get about 21 mpg combined driving and I've gotten up to 26 mpg on a 600 mile trip. Not a performance gear but good for a daily driver.

Good Fun Car
By timocephusIII on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought this Mustang a few years ago. It has brought me years of driving pleasure, I wouldn't dream of parting with it. The fuel pump went out a few months after purchasing it but other than that the car has been flawless.

LX 5.0 Hatchback
By Nelson Figueroa on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

Bought very good conditions. Rear is too light, I spun once. Now, I buy Traction AA tires. Although, seat is uncomfortable and interiors are somewhat cheap detailed, it is a fun car to drive. Very strong engine. Brakes do not match the power this vehicle has. The 1992 Ford 302 cid / 5.0 engine is very reliable with all cast iron w/ forged pistons! T-5 Stnd Trans is not that strong if you are a "Power User". TREMEC 3550 trans is a very good replacement, though. Also, there are plenty of diff types of replacement parts for this car OEM and aftermarket.

a very good car indeed
By agent 007 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 2dr Hatchback

I have only owned my stang for 4 months but so far it hasnt given me any problems yet. It is good on gas and has a strong motor. Ive replaced the stock air intake with a performance one and the exhaust as well. The pickup on this thing is great. compared to the escort GT i owned before this, its a new and better ballpark.

modern muscle car
By slow&poor on 11/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the best example of a modern muscle car of this time period. The parts are very easy to find and farily inexpensive. This is definitely a bang- for-the-buck car.

Awesome ,afordable, fun
By Bigpapa on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my 1992 5.0L mustang for 5 years know and I have yet to have any mechanical problem except for a blown fuse. My parents Mercedes adn toyota 4- runner had more problems then my stang. Besides the lack of putting extra money in this vechile i's a blast to drive and anybody who has owned a Mustang know anybody else who owns one will give you props or a head nod when you drive around them. (Mustang Love) Anyway I just wanted to say I love my Mustang and you will Love your too!!!