Used 1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

lov my fox
By luis

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

ive had my mustang for 3 years and so far its the best car ive ever had..not to metion i yust 2 have a 99 z28 my father owns a 96 corvette and we also have a 73 chevelle laguna and out of all those i prefer my fox even after all the abuse that engine takes form my heavy foot it yust wont give out day after day winter after winter its always started every single time i mean seriously lol

the color ultra-blue metallic and yust about everything else

Good car
By Jacob

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Very nice car. Gets up and goes. Never stranded me and runs like new still. Very fun car to drive.

The power that it has. The fact that I've had no issues with the car.

None at all

Modded '92 GT hatch
By Mike M

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the best and nicest car I've owned to date. Sure, it has a few upgrades, but that's also what makes this car amazing. It has an incredibly large aftermarket that supplies Mustang enthusiasts with high quality yet affordable parts. My GT came with: Cobra intake manifold/Cobra 65mm throttle body, headers, catted h pipe, catback, lowered, welded subframe connectors, upper/lower HD rear control arms, Tokiko shocks, short throw shifter, HD clutch, 3.55 gears, MSD 6A ignition, more. These mods made it handle like it's on rails, and beat EVOs and SRT-4s whenever I feel like it.

5.0L V8, burnouts on command, sport seats, light weight.

Basic intake/exhaust upgrades, suspension, gears (at least 3.55s), good tires (drag radials or slicks for the track), RADAR DETECTOR!

Great Car
By Fabrizio

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought this '92 LX 5.0 in November. This car has been rock solid. Everyone notices a nice body. The T5 is a good tranny but I would recommend a Tremec for any hard drivers. The 5.0 will throw you back into your seat. With a 2.73 rear end I manage to get about 21 mpg combined driving and I've gotten up to 26 mpg on a 600 mile trip. Not a performance gear but good for a daily driver.

V8, exhaust, T-5, unlimited aftermarket, torque!

Good tires are a must. I've only gone 12,000 miles and I've already gone through a set and a half of tires. Steering wheel shakes at high speeds.

Good Fun Car
By timocephusIII

1992 Ford Mustang Hatchback LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought this Mustang a few years ago. It has brought me years of driving pleasure, I wouldn't dream of parting with it. The fuel pump went out a few months after purchasing it but other than that the car has been flawless.

The v8 is my favorite feature.

I replaced the factory stereo within a month. I am a big audiophile and can't stand factory stereo systems.