1992 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
My Dream Car
By atk374 on 11/27/06 06:42 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Had to wait 14 years to find my dream car but this is it. I wanted one when I graduated HS in '92 now I found one with 58,000 miles and in perfect condition. Great American car.

baby Stang '92 LX Convertible
By baby stang on 08/01/05 22:52 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

I purchased my Stang in Sept. 2004 for a weekend driver. I am very pleased with the 2.3l. I have replaced the stock rims with a set of 17 inch Cobra R wheels with 245/45/17 tires on them. Have entered it in a couple car shows so far. I will purchase another Mustang if this one ever wears out. Good driver. Gets lots of looks on the road,

Fun Stang
By John Zidiak on 05/26/05 16:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

When I purchased this vehicle 5 years it was with the intention of just using it for pleasure. I have done some cosmetic work to the car since I have owned it such as replace the yellowed headlights, carpet and stereo. Mechanically the only thing I have done is the routine up keep. Oil changes etc. 2.3L is a very reliable motor but not the most powerful, though it does move the car around nicely. The car is thirteen years old and runs like a charm. I am a die hard Mustang fan and would recommend owning one.

5.0hhh my god
By frank brady on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

just about the best car ever built!

Great Bang for the Buck
By jrs6557 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

An honest, fun, and dependable car. One watre pump in 94,000 miles and still running on the original clutch. The engine just goes and goes and goes and the manual transmission is rock solid. Everything works the way it should, but it is a convertible. There will be squeeks and wind noise, but nothing beats it with the top down and that low rumble coming from the 5.0 liter V8!

One great ride
By WPW on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

If there ever was a car that made me say, "Damn, that's nice," this is it! I was so "in love", my wife and I bought the car in Phoenix and drove it home to Oklahoma City. Its been my baby ever since. I was surprised with how well made this car was, being a convertable with only minor few rattles. Also, being a five-speed sure boosts the "fun factor" through the roof!

Fun in the sun
By WP on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

There are fewer joys in this world better than dropping the top down on any convertable. But you drop the top on a GT and its go time!! With all of the after market goodies you can buy, I recommend this car to anyone who wants a great car with loads of upgrade potential, or even leave it stock or near-stock and still have a kick ass good time!

Fun & Affordable
By Tim Wielgus on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

This is a solid, dependable, fun car to drive. It is not fast, but with 4 cylinders the emphasis is on economy, not performance. An affordable car with styling that has aged very well.

No more Fords
By Gerber on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

I bought my mustang with a 2.3 and within a week I had to rebuild the transmission, buy a new starter, power steering pump. So basically this car has killed my thought of ever owning a Ford again.Next car will definitly be a Dodge.

1992 Mustang 2DR GT Convertible
By Paul Beaty on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

This was my wife's car - driven by her from 92 thru 97 when she leades a Nissan Maxima. We liked the car so much we have kept it but now on;y drive it several times per year. This one owner car has 56,000 actual miles and all service has been done at Palm Springs Motors.